Willing to build work bench
I love building work benched and I am willing to build a custom work bench for anyone interested. Custom means any thing or size you want, except for a Roubo. The Roubo doesn't interest me in the least and I have to enjoy what I am building. 

Below are a couple pictures of my present bench and I doubt it will build a different one for my self.

I quess I managed to post this before finishing the post. I am in central Iowa And My shop is closed for the winter so I can not start until at least the end of March. Price will depend on material used and how complex your design. PM me to work out the details if interested.

Tom
I know I said it before but someday I will afford to have you build me one but a tad smaller to fit in my shop. 
Yes
Yes

You really do a fantastic job on building them Tom. 
Yes
Yes

Plus I guess I am only 200 miles away and would love to see you again for sure. 
Yes
Yes  and again
Yes
Yes
Yes
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-06-2019, 04:01 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I love building work benched and I am willing to build a custom work bench for anyone interested. Custom means any thing or size you want, except for a Roubo. The Roubo doesn't interest me in the least and I have to enjoy what I am building. 
Looks like a great bench. What is it about the Roubo that turns you off?
(01-07-2019, 11:46 AM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: Looks like a great bench. What is it about the Roubo that turns you off?

I know. Your client would own a dream!

I lived in M'town graduating from high school there. Pretty close to State Center.....
(01-07-2019, 11:46 AM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: Looks like a great bench. What is it about the Roubo that turns you off?

It is probably because 9 out of 10 benches that are shown on the forums are Roubos. And it seems like to most people feel that the Roubo is the only bench worth building. 

My grandfather. who was a carpenter, used to visit us in the summer and he managed to get a old workbench with a leg vise. As a young kid I could never get the vise to clamp properly. I had better luck clamping the board on the cement stoop with my knee and that is how I did my sawing. Sometimes I hit the cement stoop. Anyway My mother always had a project for him and when he got there, the first thing he did was to sharpen the saw.  So once a year I got a sharp saw. So to this day I am not a big fan of a leg vise either. 

I like tail vises and shoulder vises. To me, and it is just personal preferences, it seems to be an easy and uninteresting build. I shouldn't have put that in because if a customer wants a Roubo he should get a Roubo. And in all truthfulness I would build one for him. 

Some people like Fords and some swear by Chevy, that is all it is.

Tom
I just realized that you have all four different styles of vices on that bench.  I like it even more now!
(01-13-2019, 08:19 AM)Latech15 Wrote: I just realized that you have all four different styles of vices on that bench.  I like it even more now!

No five. If you look closely at the top picture you will see three holes that are bigger than the rest. Those of the holes in the front have nuts burred in the top to except the threaded rods for the moxon vise. The moxon was planed as level as I could get it after mounting it and the height of the top is at the level of my elbow swing for sawing dovetails.

Tom
Beautiful bench for sure.

I have always wanted to build a bench but always have so many other projects.
You have me thinking................ 
Smirk
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
it would be nice if your location was known
Winkgrin
(02-04-2019, 10:40 AM)Ninefingers_grapes Wrote: it would be nice if your location was known
Winkgrin

Tom's first post in this thread says, "...I am in central Iowa...".
Winkgrin