Maydole Ball Peen Hammer Info needed
I just picked up a nice little (6oz?) Maydole. Original handle that is marked "Since MAYDOLE 1845(?).  I have a few Maydoles and I grab them if the handle is original.

I can find out a lot about the company and the man but a list of models and sizes can't be found (by me at least). Does anyone have an online source for a Maydole Catalog?

I think they were bought out on the 1940's and were gone by the early 1960's as I recall.

Thanks
Mark
There are several Maydole catalogs on Archive.org. I believe they were all uploaded by Mark Stansbury.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(02-13-2019, 05:04 PM)enjuneer Wrote: There are several Maydole catalogs on Archive.org. I believe they were all uploaded by Mark Stansbury.

Thanks Enjuneer. Exactly what I was looking for.

I think I have a 5 oz unit. How do you tell without removing the handle?

mark
(02-13-2019, 05:19 PM)sawnuts Wrote: Thanks Enjuneer. Exactly what I was looking for.

I think I have a 5 oz unit. How do you tell without removing the handle?

mark

Set the hammer horizontally on a postal scale and weigh just the head while supporting the other end of the handle with your finger. The measurement will be a little higher because of the contribution of part of the wood, but it should be close enough to determine which size you have.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com