Speed Circular blade Saw Sharpener
Speed Circular blade Saw Sharpener
This is good working sharpener. I have sharpen table saw blades with this.

$ 18.00 plus shipping

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-28-2019, 02:42 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Speed Circular blade Saw Sharpener
This is good working sharpener. I have sharpen table saw blades with this.

$ 18.00 plus shipping

Now all you have to do is find someone who still uses steel saw blades.
If I cannot say something nice, I do not say anything at all..
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
(02-28-2019, 05:22 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: Now all you have to do is find someone who still uses steel saw blades.

I have done carbide tips blades on this.
Including Freud.
This give great control on sharpening the saw blade and result is great. takes little time get use to it.

Just curious why do you think this for steel blade only?
(02-28-2019, 09:08 PM)Jack01 Wrote: I have done carbide tips blades on this.
Including Freud.
This give great control on sharpening the saw blade and result is great. takes little time get use to it.

Just curious why do you think this for steel blade only?

Unless you are using diamond files. Steel files can't touch carbide.
(03-01-2019, 09:07 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Unless you are using diamond files. Steel files can't touch carbide.
you still did not answer my question, why do you think it is only for steel blades.?
(03-01-2019, 01:23 PM)Jack01 Wrote: you still did not answer my question, why do you think it is only for steel blades.?

OK, to PROPERLY sharpen ANY carbide tool, be it saw blade, router bit, end mill, straight, tapered, spiral flute, non uniform flute, etc etc. you need highly precise equipment and knowledge of the original factory geometry. I've been in the tool and die game for 50 years so I think I know what I am talking about. Sure you can butcher carbide on a green wheel, etc. but it won't be worth poop when you are done.
castguy2003. Considering the OP hasn't misrepresented anything in his post I think it's in pretty poor taste to troll his SnS Ad. Just sayin...
(03-01-2019, 03:33 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: OK, to PROPERLY sharpen ANY carbide tool, be it saw blade, router bit, end mill, straight, tapered, spiral flute, non uniform flute, etc etc. you need highly precise equipment and knowledge of the original factory geometry. I've been in the tool and die game for 50 years so I think I know what I am talking about. Sure you can butcher carbide on a green wheel, etc. but it won't be worth poop when you are done.

This getting out of hand.

• It is rude to make any comment on sale items listed on “Tool swap N sell section “this is between sellers and buyers. Luckily this forum has good buyers and sellers and not seen any major issues. If buyer has any questions, they can ask seller regarding that particular item and get clarification.

• You did not read my post properly; I have welcomed any questions from potential buyers. I also know that no will buy any items till they know that it will work for them.

• You claim that you know lot in tool and die industry, I doubt that you are. In recent years there are lots of new saw blade sharpening devices in market  and they work well. Do some research and you will be surprise how well they work. There are table top CNC machines which are great for small jobs.

• Your comment like I know what I am talking about is like “Know it all” without any substance.

• When I lived in Michigan, there was a guy who sharpened my saw blades. 35 miles from house in a rural community. He used foot powered wheel with jigs to sharpen saw blades. He did ATB and any other complex blades. At that time he was 75 years old  and all his life he did sharpening. He had more business than he can handle, his customers were mostly woodworkers. If they were not satisfied they will not be coming back to him. So your statement of needing highly precise equipment is false. It is the skill that counts not the expensive equipment.

• The item I have posted “ Speed circular blade Sharpener” was invented by a tool shop in Portland, OR. This unit is made for hobby woodworker. You use this to sharpen saw blade by hand. This unit allows you secure the blade properly and move in circle, to reach all the teeth properly. It allows you to see the Geometry properly and use steel file or diamond card-file to grind properly as per the angles of the saw blade. If done properly there will not be any damage to the blade. Keep in mind this is hand device listed for $ 18.00  not a $ 250,000 CNC saw blade sharpening device

I will appreciate if you stop posting in this post.
(03-01-2019, 05:27 PM)Jack01 Wrote: This getting out of hand.

• It is rude to make any comment on sale items listed on “Tool swap N sell section “this is between sellers and buyers. Luckily this forum has good buyers and sellers and not seen any major issues. If buyer has any questions, they can ask seller regarding that particular item and get clarification.

• You did not read my post properly; I have welcomed any questions from potential buyers. I also know that no will buy any items till they know that it will work for them.

• You claim that you know lot in tool and die industry, I doubt that you are. In recent years there are lots of new saw blade sharpening devices in market  and they work well. Do some research and you will be surprise how well they work. There are table top CNC machines which are great for small jobs.

• Your comment like I know what I am talking about is like “Know it all” without any substance.

• When I lived in Michigan, there was a guy who sharpened my saw blades. 35 miles from house in a rural community. He used foot powered wheel with jigs to sharpen saw blades. He did ATB and any other complex blades. At that time he was 75 years old  and all his life he did sharpening. He had more business than he can handle, his customers were mostly woodworkers. If they were not satisfied they will not be coming back to him. So your statement of needing highly precise equipment is false. It is the skill that counts not the expensive equipment.

• The item I have posted “ Speed circular blade Sharpener” was invented by a tool shop in Portland, OR. This unit is made for hobby woodworker. You use this to sharpen saw blade by hand. This unit allows you secure the blade properly and move in circle, to reach all the teeth properly. It allows you to see the Geometry properly and use steel file or diamond card-file to grind properly as per the angles of the saw blade. If done properly there will not be any damage to the blade. Keep in mind this is hand device listed for $ 18.00  not a $ 250,000 CNC saw blade sharpening device

I will appreciate if you stop posting in this post.
You asked a question, I answered it. I am done with you.