Entry way bench/shoe rack buid along(in progress)
I have a project underway and figured it might be fun to share it with the group. Be forewarned there are going to be some electron driven demons involved.

I am working on one of a 3 piece set for our back entryway/mudroom/familyroom.

Here is a rough sketch of the next 2 pieces using the latest in drafting tech. This thread will be talking about the bench.

Attached Files Image(s)

The 3rd piece for this set was completed already-

Attached Files Image(s)

I already started so you missed some milling and panel glue ups. Making some t&g boards with a Ln t&g plane and some smoothing.

Today I was cutting dovetails for the side. This is a compromise project. I wanted to do all fancy joinery dovetails, sliding dovetails, wedged kortice and tennon. Etc.. My wife wanted it done soon... and I have a day job.

So I decided to do a mix. The dovetails are staying but the domino and dado may speed some of the less visible stuff.
Layed out with dividers. Sorry I wasnt planning on posting here at this point so the picks are random.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cut he tails first... used a dovetail hand saw and a cordless router for speeding out most of the waste

Attached Files Image(s)

checked for high spots with a square

Attached Files Image(s)

What do you know they fit. Not on the first try but its been a few years. Had a lot of house projects and quicker projects since we moved into the house 3 years back.

Tomorrow I finish up the other side and move on to the next steps.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-17-2019, 08:26 PM)mongo Wrote: What do you know they fit.  Not on the first try but  its been a few years. Had a lot of house projects and quicker projects since we moved into the house 3 years back.

Tomorrow I finish up the other side and move on to the next steps.

Darn nice looking project. and the dovetails look great!
layout and transfer

Attached Files Image(s)

bring the marks around

Attached Files Image(s)