Air Compressor help please
So I have this Husky Pro air compressor I bought 7 or 8 years ago used from a friend who was moving to China

It has developed an oil leak -  it's always leaked at least some -  probably caused from when we moved it a half mile from his house to mine on a furniture dolly down the street a few blocks lol.  Well it now leaking bad and as far as I can tell its the sight glass.

Ive scoured the internet for the right part.  Problem is I can't find it on the schematic or anywhere on husky or HD.  I see I can buy them relatively cheap from amazon but I need to know the size.

Im going have to drain the oil when I pull the sight glass so I really would like to only do that once and not lose use of my compressor for a couple days while I wait for the part.  So any clue?  Am I just missing it somewhere?  Maybe my google fu is acting up

Thanks in advance

Robert

"Who makes Husky air compressors?

Image: homedepot.com
At the moment, the Husky brand owned by Homer TLC, Inc. (Home Depot). Hand tools for Husky brand manufactures Stanley Logistics, Inc. and air compressors produced by Nu Air Corp. and Campbell Hausfeld exclusively for them."

Possibly a call to the Customer Service Depts. of these tow companies will get you the answer you're looking for.
(07-25-2019, 01:35 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: "Who makes Husky air compressors?

Image: homedepot.com
At the moment, the Husky brand owned by Homer TLC, Inc. (Home Depot). Hand tools for Husky brand manufactures Stanley Logistics, Inc. and air compressors produced by Nu Air Corp. and Campbell Hausfeld exclusively for them."

Possibly a call to the Customer Service Depts. of these tow companies will get you the answer you're looking for.

Ill try those - Home Depot was useless
Can you drain the oil, remove that sight glass and put some teflon tape on the threads?

Worth a shot. And nearly free.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
This thread looks familiar.......
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Can you tilt it away from the sight glass so the oil is below the opening?  Then pop it out, measure the OD of the threads (and count TPI while you're at it), put it back, and stand it back up.  Do the same when you get the new part.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-25-2019, 02:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: This thread looks familiar.......
Raised

So does the answer above.    
Raised
(07-25-2019, 05:16 PM)Roly Wrote: So does the answer above.    
Raised

Raised
Raised
Raised
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-25-2019, 07:13 PM)TDKPE Wrote:
Raised
Raised
Raised

The same question was posted in off topic and Stwood had the same answer.   Sounds like the best way to go about it.   Agree with both of you.   Roly
Thanks

Reality is there are many who never leave the basement and there is a good brain trust there. And there are many who don't venture to the basement. So I asked both place. So Sue me