Grumble
Finally got the blade guide bearings adjusted, maybe even correctly, and moved to table alignment. Loosen all the trunnion bolts - table won't align. Called Grizzly Tech Support - and they said to loosen the trunnion mounting bolts. Which I did after a battle getting the allen wrench into tight quarters. Got the table lined up perfectly, and got 1 bolt snug. Then, you guessed it, stood up and knocked the table out of alignment. Another battle with the bolts and got it aligned again - not as well as the first time but I'm calling it good. At this point, I had spent 3+ hours in triple digit heat getting frustrated. Tomorrow is another day.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh I'm laughing with you...not at you.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well, the one good thing is that you are getting very familiar with the machine; there is always initial setup, but once dialed in you will be pleased.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Big Grin 
Hadn't wanted to get that familiar on the 1st date  
Big Grin    Actually, I'm quite impressed with both the machine and Grizzly's support.  So, Monday I'll try and get the last trunnion mounting bolt (cap screw) tightened - 1/32 turn at a time.  Then I will align the fence to the blade rather than the miter slot.  Then I will see if the DC machine still works.  Assuming it does, I'll make some sawdust.  Been too much wrenching and too little woodworking.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(08-17-2019, 07:07 PM)cputnam Wrote: Hadn't wanted to get that familiar on the 1st date  
Big Grin    

Ha ha; I spent my late teens and early 20s trying to get "familiar" on the first date...... 
Yes
(08-17-2019, 08:59 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ha ha; I spent my late teens and early 20s trying to get "familiar" on the first date...... 
Yes
Didn't we all. That's why young men should not be allowed to vote - their head is in the wrong place.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Well, after what to me seemed to be trials and tribulations, the bandsaw gods smiled upon me. I turned it on and nothing broke. Then I made a trial cut - went through a piece of either alder or oak effortlessly. Put a straight edge on the cut and seemed to be dead nuts straight. Then I scribed a line on the opposite side of and parallel to the fresh cut. Put the fresh cut on the fence and cut the other side. Wow! Just as straight and parallel as a table saw. Where Alex Snodgrass' advice differed from the manual, I followed Alex's - most especially the part about centering the gullets on the tire and not the blade.

All's well that ends well ..... Many thanks to all of you who offered help and words of wisdom. It was all appreciated and all helped.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Excellent! Good for you!
(08-17-2019, 07:07 PM)cputnam Wrote: Hadn't wanted to get that familiar on the 1st date  
Big Grin    Actually, I'm quite impressed with both the machine and Grizzly's support.  So, Monday I'll try and get the last trunnion mounting bolt (cap screw) tightened - 1/32 turn at a time.  Then I will align the fence to the blade rather than the miter slot.  Then I will see if the DC machine still works.  Assuming it does, I'll make some sawdust.  Been too much wrenching and too little woodworking.

If aligning the  fence to the blade works, great. I have an older 16" G1073 with two locking knobs that hold the table to the trunnion. I loosen the knobs and align the slots to the blade, tighten the knobs. Then align the fence to the slots. I use a steel rule against the blade laying flat on the table. Rule should be between teeth. I eyeball the rule against the slot to see if it is parallel . If not I tap the table to get it parallel to the rule.
Usually takes less then 5 minutes. This way the fence is always parallel to the slot. If you have room to use a shop made lock knob instead of the cap screw you can do this without tools. My saw came with knobs , correct threaded bolt and a wood knob made like an outdoor faucet knob would work. Probably can buy the knobs and tap the screw hole for the cap screw thread. Loctite the knob to the thread.

mike
On my copy of the G0513X2 the able is held to the trunnions by 4 bolts (5 mm Allen head) which yield very little movement. I had to loosen the two trunnion mounting bolts and swivel the whole mess. As it is now, by eyeball, blade, table, and fence are all square to each other. For now, I'm calling that good.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
      -- Soren Kierkegaard