Table saw..bosch or dewalt? Lowes has a sale.
I want to go tonight and buy a TS. I already have one that stays put in the garage but I'd like to take one with me sometimes.  

Anybody have any real life opinions.? The bosch is $450 and the dewalt is $500.

YouTube is full of the dewalts...don't really see the bosch too much.. CL has both so I'd say a wash.  .

Thoughts? Please....
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
this of any use:

https://mentoolbox.com/dewalt-dwe7491rs-...gid-r4513/

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Though I don't have either, I'd say Bosch.
I'm not a yellow submarine Dewalt fan.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2019, 04:45 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Though I don't have either, I'd say Bosch.
I'm not a yellow submarine Dewalt fan.

I have a bunch of bosch stuff...i like bosch.

I appreciate the link to the review...I have read many of those and they kinda all say the same. I was hoping someone has some real shop experience and opinions or heard from others. 

Leaning toward the dewalt....just a few degrees though.
Crud.. just noticed the ridgid one at $300.

Had that ridgid and liked it for sure... an older model though.
(11-26-2019, 04:18 PM)Scott W Wrote: I want to go tonight and buy a TS. I already have one that stays put in the garage but I'd like to take one with me sometimes.  

Anybody have any real life opinions.? The bosch is $450 and the dewalt is $500.

YouTube is full of the dewalts...don't really see the bosch too much.. CL has both so I'd say a wash.  .

Thoughts? Please....
I have a dewalt much like that one. Good saw but: the bosch stand is better...don't know the saw.

I also have an older hitachi that legs fold with wheels.  The main problem I have is the non-standard miter slot. This means that store bought feather boards do not work, neither do any accessories that use a standard miter slot. This is a big deal and one I would not repeat.

Also, Both also have magnesuim or aluminum tops which none of the mag switch safety equipment will work on.

I would recommend looking at the miter slots to see if they are close to standard if that matters to you.....steel top is better also but don't think either of these have that.
(11-26-2019, 05:52 PM)rednoblue Wrote: I have a dewalt much like that one. Good saw but: the bosch stand is better...don't know the saw.

I also have an older hitachi that legs fold with wheels.  The main problem I have is the non-standard miter slot. This means that store bought feather boards do not work, neither do any accessories that use a standard miter slot. This is a big deal and one I would not repeat.

Also, Both also have magnesuim or aluminum tops which none of the mag switch safety equipment will work on.

I would recommend looking at the miter slots to see if they are close to standard if that matters to you.....steel top is better also but don't think either of these have that.

Excellent thoughts.  One if the reasons I want to do this is b/c I will be moving and maybe for 6 months I'll be working on my other house so I don't know what access I will have to the other tools. I may just sell my delta and get a sawstop (wife PUSHING me to do that). Havng an accurate portable saw is important...I have been wanting one anyway...
(11-26-2019, 05:02 PM)Scott W Wrote: I have a bunch of bosch stuff...i like bosch.

Yes...
6 drills
Sabre saw (1590)
Self feeding spade bits
Hole saw system
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2019, 07:02 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes...
6 drills
Sabre saw (1590)
Self feeding spade bits
Hole saw system

Two routers..barrel grip jig saw...circular saw...12v drill driver and impact. Maybe a table saw...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-15-Am.../100090444

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-15-Am.../302033019