ROS-shop vac hose?
I find the Rockler hose heavy and cumbersome.  However, it is very flexible and therefor I still fight it.  I see they have responded to "observations" from customers and now have one that isn't in such a hurry to squish back up to minimum length.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

My old Porter-Cable ROS had built in dust collection that didn't work very well, but my Ridgid 5" ROS has a particularly effective built in dust collection bag and cuts much faster than my old P-C sander.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/five-inch-r...bit-sander
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-09-2020, 09:22 PM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: I just use a household vacuum cleaner hose, with a 2 1/4 inch adapter for the shop vac.
Oz

Does that ever pinch you? I find with regular home vac hose, it's so flexible and so compressible that any exposed skin or body hair gets pinched by the ridges at some point.
The best is the festool fabric hose.  But , it's also the most expensive.

The bosch vac005 that was mentioned is a good choice at 30ish dollars.

Not mentioned is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8WBRM2/ref...UTF8&psc=1
(02-10-2020, 06:11 PM)Robin Dobbie Wrote: Does that ever pinch you? I find with regular home vac hose, it's so flexible and so compressible that any exposed skin or body hair gets pinched by the ridges at some point.
No not at all.  Maybe I'm just lucky. It does work well, and it was even free.  Just a rough guess, but I think it is about 1 1/2 inch ID.  The hose I have doesn't really compress, it stays all stretched out.
Oz
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
Know anybody who uses a C-PAP machine? The hoses they come with are very flexible and ~1". Normally the restriction of air would be a problem but ROS sanders do not need that much air flow.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I have had good luck with the vacuum hose from the rigid car detailing kit.
Light weight and impossible to kink.
PJ
Plympton, MA
(02-10-2020, 10:24 AM)GeeDub Wrote: I find the Rockler hose heavy and cumbersome.  However, it is very flexible and therefor I still fight it.  I see they have responded to "observations" from customers and now have one that isn't in such a hurry to squish back up to minimum length.

I agree 100%. I find that the self retracting hose will pull strong enough that it will pull the dust port off my Dewalt ROS if I try to reach any distance more than a couple of feet on a sanding job. I have to duct tape the hose on if the board to be sanded is larger than 24”.

I mainly purchased it for my small stationary disc sander and spindle sander. It works great for those. But for hand sanders, I like the looks of the hose in their newer, more expensive kit.
John