Where is my dust collection clogged?
sounds like the fan is probably sucking enough in from other sources to get some output.  I am with whoever said it was in the dust deputy.  properly designed cyclones slow the air internally in the hopes that most stuff is heavy enough to drop into the barrel.  Plastic bag probably isn't.  They may have steering vanes for the inlet to maximize efficiency which would catch a bag.
If I were a plastic bag, I would want to hang up at the nearest snag (screw, sharp edge, rivet)- anything to keep from getting into the impeller.  If I ended up going into the impeller, I'd try and not get stuck going around and around and go on through into the exhaust.

If I were an old bag of course.
Uhoh
Did the same thing with my dust gorrila.....bag was in the outlet screen as I vent outside.

Ed
You guys need to throw your old bags somewhere else.
Raised
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I try not to get a bag when I go to the borg nowadays.  They just seem to crop up everywhere.
(02-12-2020, 06:50 AM)EricU Wrote: I try not to get a bag when I go to the borg nowadays.  They just seem to crop up everywhere.

They sure do. We have a bag to hold the bags, and it's overflowing. I can't seem to get it across to her thats its ok to throw some of those away.
Rolleyes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Same here. She uses those bags for the small trash cans in the bathroom and bedrooms. They fall out every time I open the cabinet.
Have you thought of using a plumbing snake?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-12-2020, 12:03 PM)daddo Wrote: She uses those bags for the small trash cans in the bathroom and bedrooms.

Same here.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

FOUND IT!, I mean them.  I found it yesterday morning and took a photo but my phone was not sending photos to the cloud so i could not share the photo I wanted to.  I did not know which forum on Woodnet to ask how to repair this other issue.

I dropped the cyclone part and there was not one but two bags stuffed right there.  When I pulled these parts apart I heard something drop.  When I reattached the cyclone and turned it on, the third bag that I had heard drop sucked back up and clogged the location again.  THere is a screen protecting the impellor from things like plastic bags that they get stuck to.

I live 2 hours from the Borg and live in a no plastic bag county, so all the bags were in there after cleaning out my shop which had gotten slowly converted into a storage unit and was practically unuseable.  My wife wanted things built so helped me spend a day cleaning and organizing.  In the process of vacuuming a few storage bags got sucked up.  I know now to remove all loose plastic bags before dust collecting.

I also plugged some gaps in the hosing and have a better dust collection than ever.

Attached Files Image(s)

A carpenter's house is never done.