Skunk Repellant
JT, I know earlier you didn't think you liked the motion activated sprinkler, but what about a motion activated barking dog recording? There may some laws or neighbor considerations, but it might keep the critters away. these alarms seem to be more for homes, but you might find one works for your problem. I'm thinking about trying one to keep the coons from crapping all over our deck all the time.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Oh for goodness sake, just capture and drown the bastards.
(02-20-2020, 01:18 PM)fredhargis Wrote: JT, I know earlier you didn't think you liked the motion activated sprinkler, but what about a motion activated barking dog recording? There may some laws or neighbor considerations, but it might keep the critters away. these alarms seem to be more for homes, but you might find one works for your problem. I'm thinking about trying one to keep the coons from crapping all over our deck all the time.

Not sure how the neighbors would like hearing that dog in the early hours of the morning. Those skunks do not leave till light breaks.
John T.
(02-20-2020, 11:25 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Not sure how the neighbors would like hearing that dog in the early hours of the morning. Those skunks do not leave till light breaks.

Well I read this enough times to motivate me to bait my traps I will more than likely drowning something in the morning
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(02-20-2020, 11:35 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Well I read this enough times to motivate me to bait my traps I will more than likely drowning something in the morning

What do you do with them afterwards??  Do they stink??
John T.
None of the ideas presented seem to be acceptable, do you have a plan?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-21-2020, 06:30 AM)fredhargis Wrote: None of the ideas presented seem to be acceptable, do you have a plan?

Well I will lay down as much bug killer as I can to start and hope this deters them. I trapped 5 last year so I guess will again trap this year if need be and transport out of town. Not a pleasant job.
John T.
(02-21-2020, 11:51 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Well I will lay down as much bug killer as I can to start and hope this deters them. I trapped 5 last year so I guess will again trap this year if need be and transport out of town. Not a pleasant job.

Build a box or find something that is deep enough to cover the cage by a couple of inches.  It is best if the dunk tank allows for keeping the cage level and only a step or 2 away to reduce chance of being sprayed.  Once you catch one drop a dark towel over it to keep the skunk from seeing you while you are lifting into the water and come back in about 15 minutes to remove from water and place in ground deep enough to prevent animals from digging up or into plastic bag and into trash for the garbage man to take away.  If you take it out of the water before it has released into the water it may l release after, you don't want that.  Early removal from the water tank happened to me once while the skunk was dead it hadn't released into the water so when it hit the bottom of the garbage can it did

Edit to add I just learned that skunks will bother bee hives, my son wants hives so I will have to change focus as the raccoons don't seem to bother them as much.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.