Band file belt sander
https://www.amazon.com/WEN-6307-Variable...-1-catcorr

I’m doing a toy project that has lots of nooks and crannies that need sanding that are hard to reach. Anyone here have the one in the link or one similar? Was/is it worth the money?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Milwaukee Bandfile — 5.5 Amp, 2,300 FPM, 1/2in. x 18in. Size, Model# 6101-6  
I've had this one for years
does a great job , oh I did HF has them cheap my milwaukee is not kinda hard to find
south vietnam war collage
I bought the harbor freitas version to get in between the slats of a weathered teak garden bench. It did the job for what I needed it to do. My biggest issue was the sandpaper slipping off the roller wheel. It was not a huge issue and quick to resolve.

I cant speak for any other model but since I had one specific use for it once in over 20 years of woodworking it suited me fine. Now it just collects dust.
Looked like a handy thing to have so I bought one.  Have yet to use it in the 2 years I have had it.  Since you have identified a purpose for it you probably won't let it sit for too long.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
(02-27-2020, 09:31 PM)stoppy Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/WEN-6307-Variable...-1-catcorr

I’m doing a toy project that has lots of nooks and crannies that need sanding that are hard to reach. Anyone here have the one in the link or one similar? Was/is it worth the money?

They are good for sharpening garden tools also....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(02-28-2020, 09:01 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
They are good for sharpening garden tools also....

Thanks Jack,  I'd have far more use for one for that purpose.  I always trying to use a hand file to do that.  You may have just tipped me in favor of buying one.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
(02-27-2020, 09:31 PM)stoppy Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/WEN-6307-Variable...-1-catcorr

I have one I bought from Grizzly and no longer use it.  I will send it to you if you PM me your address.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Another option for sanding into little places could be an oscillating multi-tool with a dulled long-reach flush-cut blade that has sandpaper adhered to it. I reckon you could take the blade to the grinder and make it skinnier.

disclaimer: haven't tried it, just an idea.
I just bought this tool about a week ago to try and clean up my first attempt at through mortises on some 10/4 oak.  It wasn't the best tool for that, but I've decided to keep it since it was cheap enough and I think it will come in handy now and then.  My biggest gripe is it's a bit under powered.  Also, from the Amazon reviews, buying better quality belts helps greatly.
After just using the tool again on the fore mentioned mortises and turning up the speed, it no longer seems under powered.  Perhaps the speed control is like a rheostat and cuts the power down?