Grandpa Project
Made a chair/step stool for my grandson...his feet dangle a little bit when he sits on it, but it gets him up high enough to brush his teeth.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Great little project, and I am sure he will use it for years to come!
Very cool. Something to be cherished for years!
Big Grin
Dave

(04-27-2020, 05:53 PM)MauleSkinner Wrote: Made a chair/step stool for my grandson...his feet dangle a little bit when he sits on it, but it gets him up high enough to brush his teeth.

Nice!

His feet will touch the floor soon enough.  They grow up so fast!
Thanks for looking! My grandpa made one for each of us when we were kids...I recall using it a lot.

This grandpa stuff is kind of fun...I just have to be careful I don’t use up all the really cool projects on the first one. Chairs they should all get, but you can see in the picture part of the rocking airplane I made him last year. One of those per household is probably enough. I’ll have to come up with something else for the next one.
Wink
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
If you have granddaughters there is always different stuff to build for them.  Doll furniture (beds, stables, doll tables and chairs, etc.) comes to mind.  There is also the doll house, some of which are pretty darn complex to build.
Yup...watching out for that.
Wink

Built a doll canopy bed and a couple other odds and ends for my youngest daughter (now 17), but I didn’t acquire my family until the girls were 8, 18, and 21, so I’m a little inexperienced with girl stuff til they get to American Girl doll age.
Cradle I built 27 years ago for granddaughter, refinished for my Great granddaughter in June.

RonL

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job

DonJuvet posted a neat chair project unfortunately the pics are gone and I failed in my attempt to get a copy of the plans.

It was a combination rocking chair (one way up) and sliding board (other way up).

Arlin or someone else may have pics for the ones that they built.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Grandpa projects are the best!
Just wait until the little guy can join you in the shop 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery