Small cabinet build-along
That is a lot of tedious work.  Can not wait to see it finished and how the legs affect the top.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-07-2020, 10:08 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is a lot of tedious work.  Can not wait to see it finished and how the legs affect the top.

To me, it's fun. And it didn't take very long.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Lee Morgan, more Johnny Cash, and not a whole lot to show for it. 

When I tapered the bottoms of the legs, the reveals on the sides picked up a taper of their own. That reveal is facing you in this photo. Notice that it gets wider towards the bottom. 

[Image: i-5NnXHJD-M.jpg]

It's a better look if that reveal is even width all the way down, so I hand planed it, all 4 legs, both sides.

[Image: i-ZkhQRsg-M.jpg]

I also did some cleanup work on the bevels, but that's not very interesting. I assembled the cabinet again, and finally realized why it was not pulling up perfectly. The bottom frame has 2 front-to-back pieces in the middle. I cut the one on the left a little short between its tenons. I need to fix that. Which probably means making a new one. It is starting to look like a cabinet though. My main concern is still how to assemble and clamp it. There are enough pieces that I am not going to glue them all at once. But if I glue them in stages, it makes it harder to be sure adjacent parts will align perfectly, which they have to. I think I can do this, but it will take some care.

[Image: i-3ph8M9P-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I replaced the short stretcher with a new one. Who doesn't love doing things twice? Then lots of Waylon Jennings, and lots of milling for panels, and for vertical dividers to be made soon. So, mostly prep work, not a lot to show, but I did fit panels in the lower section. Here it is, loosely assembled. The panels left and center are a little ugly, but they won't be visible. The one on the right will be, and is a much nicer piece of wood.

[Image: i-Cz3PTfS-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

Fine cabinetmaking in progress for sure.
Replacing 10' fluorescent ceiling fixtures with 4' LED. Listening to Irma Thomas, if it matters. Hope to be back to woodworking soon.
Best,
Aram, always learning

Take your time and stay healthy.  We will be here when you post some more.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(05-16-2020, 11:22 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Take your time and stay healthy.  We will be here when you post some more.
Yes

Thanks Arlin. And remember to tip your local electrician. This stuff is not fun. Not on the ceiling, anyway. 
Crazy
Best,
Aram, always learning

(05-08-2020, 06:52 PM)Aram Wrote: Lee Morgan, more Johnny Cash, and not a whole lot to show for it. 

When I tapered the bottoms of the legs, the reveals on the sides picked up a taper of their own. That reveal is facing you in this photo. Notice that it gets wider towards the bottom. 

[Image: i-5NnXHJD-M.jpg]

It's a better look if that reveal is even width all the way down, so I hand planed it, all 4 legs, both sides.

It kind of looks like the leg has a spiral to it by the way the grain is showing.

I wonder if anyone has ever made a 4 spiral legs?  It seems it would really add to whatever it would go to.
Yes

New lights are up, Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From [various years] was spun (garage rock form the 60s), and a screw was stripped. That screw holds the blade on my skew rabbet plane, which I need to take down the thickness of the top frame, on the inside. That step is next in line, so, waiting for the screw order from McMaster-Carr.

I got a small amount of actual work done. Convinced that my best bet is to glue in stages, I glued the side panels to the legs. 

[Image: i-xqvBJXZ-M.jpg]

Fitted the top panel to the frame. It is made from the same board as the side panels, for continuity up one side, across the top, and down the other side.

[Image: i-TVhZP4r-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning