Bearings
I'm stuck on the name for a bearing.

What I am looking for is something that would fit onto a bolt, in between two metal arms that the bolt also goes through. The purpose is to keep the two arms from touching as they move. I have been using grease to lubricate the two arms to keep them from squeaking, but that only lasts a few weeks. I am considering a bearing, but all of the bearings I can find are shaft bearings that allow the shaft going through them to move smoothly.

I know this exists, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called (old timer's disease).
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(05-15-2020, 04:02 PM)Scouter Wrote: I'm stuck on the name for a bearing.

What I am looking for is something that would fit onto a bolt, in between two metal arms that the bolt also goes through. The purpose is to keep the two arms from touching as they move. I have been using grease to lubricate the two arms to keep them from squeaking, but that only lasts a few weeks. I am considering a bearing, but all of the bearings I can find are shaft bearings that allow the shaft going through them to move smoothly.

I know this exists, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called (old timer's disease).

Would self lubricating washers work ?  Or just nylon washers.   Roly
Search for thrust bearings or thrust bushings.
(05-15-2020, 04:15 PM)Roly Wrote: Would self lubricating washers work ?  Or just nylon washers.   Roly

Thrust Bearings! Yeah! That's what I was trying to think of. Many thanks! 
Yes
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(05-15-2020, 05:23 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Search for thrust bearings or thrust bushings.

Yep, that was it, thrust bearings!
Mike