Ridiculous suggestions
How about ridiculous suggestions you have read about power tools?
Someone asked in another forum.
Question. What brand blades should I buy for my saw?
Answer. Go with blades made by the same manufacturer that made the saw.
Ah, no thanks.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(06-03-2020, 02:10 PM)Pirate Wrote: How about ridiculous suggestions you have read about power tools?
Someone asked in another forum.
Question. What brand blades should I buy for my saw?
Answer. Go with blades made by the same manufacturer that made the saw.
Ah, no thanks.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Thumbs Up 
You know, I had a whole series of really good ones but, decided I didn't want to expose myself to the responses from folks who don't fear kickback, accept snipe and tolerate drift
Laugh
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Dont get a sawstop .....because it will only make you become complacent.

Simon
(06-12-2020, 01:21 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Dont get a sawstop .....because it will only make you become complacent.

Simon

Well, it will, for many.... however not for me.  I respect every power tool the minute I turn it on; as the sign I once saw in the machine shop at Bell Labs (before they shut down the shop) said, "These Machines Have No Brains, You Have to Use Your Own." That being said, if I were buying a new cabinet saw today, it would likely be a SS.  I wish I would have salvaged that sign....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-12-2020, 01:55 PM)Admiral Wrote: Well, it will, for many....

Any objective data to support this?
Uhoh 
Simon
(06-12-2020, 01:55 PM)Admiral Wrote: Well, it will, for many....

I believe he was offering a 'Ridiculous Suggestion' as the thread title describes.  You know, like:

"I've used a tablesaw without a guard for 40 years and never had an accident.  You don't need them."
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(06-12-2020, 01:55 PM)Admiral Wrote: Well, it will, for many.... however not for me.  I respect every power tool the minute I turn it on; as the sign I once saw in the machine shop at Bell Labs (before they shut down the shop) said, "These Machines Have No Brains, You Have to Use Your Own." That being said, if I were buying a new cabinet saw today, it would likely be a SS.  I wish I would have salvaged that sign....

You mean a sign like this: https://teespring.com/en/new-caution-thi...iew_as=USA
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
(06-12-2020, 09:00 PM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: You mean a sign like this: https://teespring.com/en/new-caution-thi...iew_as=USA

Amazon has quite a few variations of that sign, even one that's bilingual.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-12-2020, 09:00 PM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: You mean a sign like this: https://teespring.com/en/new-caution-thi...iew_as=USA

Very close, but it was in the plural.  Hung from the ceiling so you saw it as you came in the door.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis