update: Rockwell 14" RAS made "magic smoke"
"magic" in that it's gonna make some money disappear
Rolleyes

Gonna take it to my local motor shop when I get time but will be looking for a replacement motor in the meantime.

Anyone got any ideas/leads?
Confused
Confused:

UPDATE:  The guy at my favorite motor repair shop just shook his head and said he didn't think they could do it for less than $1K
Sad
No

E-bay has a motor for 14" RAS but it's a Delta
Rolleyes

more hunting
Sigh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-13-2020, 11:21 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: "magic" in that it's gonna make some money disappear
Rolleyes

Gonna take it to my local motor shop when I get time but will be looking for a replacement motor in the meantime.

Anyone got any ideas/leads?
Confused
Confused

Did that happen with the changing leads on the convertor????

Edit to add: I would suggest the Dewalt forum, but to be honest those forums on the Delphi are such a PITA to use it's best to skip it. The pnly otehr idea I would have for a replacement is to check OWWM, or ask in the BOYD section.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Being three-phase, they might be willing to rewind it, but RAS motors have a funny shape, and a lack of winding specification since it's old, so it's iffy.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(08-13-2020, 12:26 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Did that happen with the changing leads on the convertor????

Edit to add: I would suggest the Dewalt forum, but to be honest those forums on the Delphi are such a PITA to use it's best to skip it. The pnly otehr idea I would have for a replacement is to check OWWM, or ask in the BOYD section.

checked OWWM but didn't find anything; may try again in the BOYD section.

Don't know if the leads change was a problem; when I get time to tear it down maybe I'll find something. I bought it untested and it's been sitting for years.

Yeah, rewinding is iffy.  Hoping for the best
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)