How to trim out this sliding door?
How are the windows and other exterior door trimmed?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
+1 on Azak or PVC trim.

Brick moulding may need to be ripped to width.

Use high quality caulking!
(09-02-2020, 10:50 AM)Woodenfish Wrote: How are the windows and other exterior door trimmed?

There's another window that goes through the block, but it looks "normal" to me.  No unsightly gap like this door.  Two other sets of windows go through the block and then brick veneer.  Those look normal, too.

(09-02-2020, 10:53 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Brick moulding may need to be ripped to width.

Is this for a purely aesthetic reason or for a practical one?

Here's a sample of the PVC brick mold I bought.  If I had walked down the aisle a little further, I would have grabbed the smaller rectangular trim, but I already cut these to rough size and felt obligated at that point.

I would like to lay it flat like this, but you can see it overlaps the frame so it would need to be ripped down.  I have no TS, though, but I could rig up something with my circular saw.

If I lay it the other way, no ripping is needed.  I was planning to just pad out the top trim a little more so it sits proud of the brick mold.  Is there a practical reason why I shouldn't do this?

First pic is the correct way it's always installed.
But, if you can't rip to fit, the second pic looks ok if it will fill all the gaps.
That is up to you.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020