Crazy new festool offering
$225 for a set of allen wrenches, 6 wrenches, and 11 screw drivers 
Laugh
Although you do get a systrainer to carry it all in. 
Laugh

https://www.rockler.com/festool-limited-edition-installation-kit-systainer-imperial-205747?sid=V20724&utm_medium=email&utm_source=batch&utm_campaign=20201206_B_D_Holiday-Sale-Furniture-Projects_V20724&mcID=922%3A5fca9dbc75819c31376feeca%3Aot%3A5dca10e517295b2bb944f148%3A1&linkID=
(12-06-2020, 11:41 PM)paul2004 Wrote: $225 for a set of allen wrenches, 6 wrenches, and 11 screw drivers 
Laugh
Although you do get a systrainer to carry it all in. 
Laugh

https://www.rockler.com/festool-limited-edition-installation-kit-systainer-imperial-205747?sid=V20724&utm_medium=email&utm_source=batch&utm_campaign=20201206_B_D_Holiday-Sale-Furniture-Projects_V20724&mcID=922%3A5fca9dbc75819c31376feeca%3Aot%3A5dca10e517295b2bb944f148%3A1&linkID=

I saw that and had to laugh but then again I like Snap On and Mac tools myself so I can't really say much.  I think it I was going that route I would go with the Milwaukee Pack out sets.  I would imagine someone with a 3D printer could make what it takes to make Festool stick to a pack out
The 3 pack in the picture is selling for $199 or less if you can find it now

[Image: 303005865-packout-rolling-tool-box-modul...6-2020.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That "Limited Edition" stuff is always expensive.

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
That Systainer box retails for $76.00.  Plus the inserts.  So you are probably into the packaging for $100.00 right there.

There is an interesting Systainer vs Packout video online (Packout wins the endurance/abuse tests).  The Packout system (Milwaukee) is cheaper but still pricy.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-07-2020, 08:41 AM)Cooler Wrote: That Systainer box retails for $76.00.  Plus the inserts.  So you are probably into the packaging for $100.00 right there.

There is an interesting Systainer vs Packout video online (Packout wins the endurance/abuse tests).  The Packout system (Milwaukee) is cheaper but still pricy.

I just got 8 packout boxes for parts and stuff, it is heavy duty, there was a special on acme tools.
When money is not the deciding factor, people will fall for something. This set is pricey only to people who are not crazy about the brand. Head over to the festool forum and you'll see how much money people are willing to throw at festool as well as after market ACCESSORIES just to make the pricey tools they have work better. Some of the pricey purchases don't work well enough by themselves. That's crazy, if you ask me.

Simon
Not too bad a price for the tools ... if you consider the plastic box is $175. 
Crazy

---
See ya later,
Bill
(12-07-2020, 10:15 AM)Bill_de Wrote: Not too bad a price for the tools ... if you consider the plastic box is $175. 
Crazy

---

I can understand why a  systainer is a good storage and transport idea for tools like the dominoes, tracksaws, sanders etc. But a systainer for screwdrivers? That's strictly designed with a marketing reason rather than a functional need for the festool fanboys/girls.

Simon
I'm not going to buy it, but I am also disinclined to judge how other people spend their money. Two reasons immediately come to mind.

The first is that I have other hobbies where I will not hesitate to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on very specific niche items costing far more than their functional equivalents cost. The pair of $500 mammoth ivory grips at my side immediately come to mind.

The other is that I just spent $300 on a Festool branded hose and vacuum nozzle, so I'm well dipped in the vat of green Kool-Aid.

The way I see it, you either have the very specific niche need for this set in an integrated system, or you have a lot of disposable income. Either way, good on you.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
If we assume that it is Snap-On quality then:

Snap on charges

$53.00 for a 9 piece Allan wrench set.

$182.50 for an 8 piece screw driver kit

$30.00 to $120.00 for an adjustable wrench

$33.00 each for ratcheting box wrenches

Container:  $76.00

So about $900.00 from Snap-On.

I don't know if it is Snap-On quality but I am fairly sure it is not Harbor Freight quality.  So I think it is expensive, but probably no more so than their saws, routers, or vacuums.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.