What is your favorite Miter Gauge?
One more in the Incra 1000SE camp. Still a happy camper after 10-12 years,

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I use the Osborne.
The only one I've ever had besides the OEM stuff that came with the tools is an Incra, so I guess it's my favorite.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-30-2020, 07:43 AM)cme4dk Wrote: I use the Osborne.

The Osborne was interesting to me when I was shopping for a miter gauge.  However, I had gift card for the local, then-independent woodworking store.  They carried the Incra and not the Osborne, so I went with Incra.

If I was in the market today, I would still give it a good look.
An Osborne knockoff came with my Dewalt 746 saw - it's a decent miter gauge but not as accurate as the Incra's. I still use it from time to time as it is a better fit for certain cuts. I was gifted an Incra 5000 years ago - the one that comes with the sled boards. Very accurate and good support for cutting parts - kind of a combination crosscut sled and miter gauge. The 2 things I didn't like about it is that I lost a bit over 1/2 inch of cutting depth and cutting with the blade tilted wasted the sled and you needed to replace part of the sled board to keep a zero clearance situation going. Since my 746 has the sliding table attached, I got an Incra 1000se miter gauge a couple of years ago and use that 98+ % of the time now. Very accurate, easily repeatable and the stop system for length works like a charm. I've got it dialed in on my saw so that the measuring tape on the top is very accurate and I can reference that instead of measuring for each cut (check it every now and then to verify). It fits tight in the miter slots with no slop, and I don't have the sled issues that I had with the Incra 5000. Combined with the Incra fence, it is a sweet setup. Painfully expensive to obtain, but very enjoyable now.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
I have the Osbourne.  I found out that you need to keep an eye out on the set screws - they can work loose.  Easy to tighten just something to remember.  You can dial it to exact 90 without an issue.  I like how easy it is to do the standard angles.  The extension to 40" is nice along with the ability to move the fence right next to the blade.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Osborne as well, but never tried anything other than the stock units that came with my saws...
(12-30-2020, 11:48 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Osborne as well, but never tried anything other than the stock units that came with my saws...

Same here.  The OEM Delta that came with my Unisaw wasn't any improvement over the old ones that shipped with Unisaws from way back in the day, and the Osborne is a giant improvement over those.  Don't know about more expensive ones, though.  This one is good enough for me.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I have the Incra 1000SE and like Jack I also have the Woodhaven miter gauge. Both are excellent. I don't think Woodhaven offers it any longer.
Incra 1000se here too.
Yes
Laugh

Ed