Blum hinge location for 32mm Euro cabinet
I have mostly built face frame cabinets and on the Euro-style cabinets I have built,  I drilled the 32mm on center holes myself.

For this project, I bought 16" deep panels with the holes already drilled. 

In the past, I have mounted the hinge on the door and then transferred the location onto the uprights with a Blum template. 

But in this case I will have to choose two of the  pre-drilled holes for the mounting plate. 

What is the best way to transfer the location onto the door once the plate mounting location is determined?

This is what the uprights look like:
  [Image: CupHinges5.jpg?sha=e391fcae62ae43a7]

Does Blum make a template for this?  I have a Blum drilling jig for drilling out the door.  I just need to identify the exact location to mount the jig.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Make a story stick that fits snugly into the cabinet.  Mark the location of the two holes for each hinge then find the centerline.  Transfer the centerline location to each door.  If the door overhangs the top and bottom the same amount, find the centerline on the story stick and align that with the centerline of the door, then transfer the hinge centerline locations.   

John
(01-04-2021, 11:08 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Make a story stick that fits snugly into the cabinet.  Mark the location of the two holes for each hinge then find the centerline.  Transfer the centerline location to each door.  If the door overhangs the top and bottom the same amount, find the centerline on the story stick and align that with the centerline of the door, then transfer the hinge centerline locations.   

John

Blum makes a jig, but it is $148.00 most places and $104.00 from AH Turf.  I thought there would be cheaper versions out there.

https://ahturf.com/blum-quickfix-drillin...00-03.html
Timely post, I've got the same issue...was wondering about a jig.

Not spending that much money to mount 3 hinges.

Ed
(01-04-2021, 01:58 PM)EdL Wrote: Timely post, I've got the same issue...was wondering about a jig.

Not spending that much money to mount 3 hinges.

Ed
That was my thinking too.  Plus it looks like it is slow to use.

I have one of these templates for transferring the door cup centerline to drilling the holes for the mounting clip:

[Image: 51IPUE1vZ1L._AC_SX355_.jpg]

I am guessing I could use this to make a gage to transfer the centerline to the door.  I have not figured out how yet though.
This is what I need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn_Syp1V0n8

However, I cannot find a domestic vendor and importing this tiny piece of plastic costs $98.00.

Does Blum make an equivalent?
I use Salice. Most settings are the same. No this or that to buy.
I do have a hinge drilling machine though, and only do FF cabs. So maybe I never ran problems like those that have trouble with Blum. Dunno
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

99.95% of the time I use the compact 33 hinges, 1/2 overlay. Never have to adjust the mini-press.
Laugh
This is the .05% project, 1 danmed door, 3 hinges, 7/8 thick and inset. Hope to never do another.

Ed
The more I think about it...I've got a ho-made jig for drilling the shelf pin holes, think I'll dig it out and add the hole pattern for the Blum hinge plate.

Yes

Ed
Seriously guys, you don't need to spend money or waste time.  Just make a story stick.  It's dead simple and zero error.  

John