grinder/sharpening station
I'm building a sharpening / grinder station for my shop, I would like to see pix of what other wn's have made.  I'm in the process of building one but would like to see what others have done, I should have posted this before I started.
thanks
in advance.
I just have mine mounted on the workbench. I have a long bench. To get the spacing under the wheel right for my jig, I raised it on the layers of 3/4 plywood. I set it back from the edge of the bench 2 inches so i don't need any special jigs for my bowl gouges. I haven't got far enough in my setup to decide where/how I want to store things like wheel dresser. I'll be making a setup template for bowl gouges too soon. I'll need a place to keep those as well, so I'll be watching the replies here as well.
Not sure this is what you're asking about, my grinder is just on a stand. I have a slow speed wet grinder that's on a cabinet with wheel, but I have to put it on a shorter stand to use...that's just a Workmate 125 with the legs collapsed to sit lower to the floor. Anyway, here's my stand.

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
My first stand was in 2010 when made one for our woodturner's club.  I liked it, but it didn't have enough drawers.  The open shelves were a bad idea.

the second stand below was for a drill bit sharpener made from salvaged laminated plywood.  I loved the drawers.  The space below the grinder is totally wasted otherwise.

Below from salvaged oak plywood.  The first for a tool grinder the last one for wood turning tools.

Excellent thread.  Thanks for an the contributions. I need to do this.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Nothing fancy ... two half-speed grinders. One with 80- and 180 grit CBN wheels, and the other with stitched cloth wheels for buffing edges. Waterstones ready to go ...

[Image: 3.jpg]

Drawers inside the cabinet with sharpening supplies, fixtures, guides, etc.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(03-04-2021, 06:53 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Nothing fancy ... two half-speed grinders. One with 80- and 180 grit CBN wheels, and the other with stitched cloth wheels for buffing edges. Waterstones ready to go ...

[Image: 3.jpg]

Drawers inside the cabinet with sharpening supplies, fixtures, guides, etc.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Not fancy?
Jim
(03-04-2021, 06:53 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Nothing fancy ... two half-speed grinders. One with 80- and 180 grit CBN wheels, and the other with stitched cloth wheels for buffing edges. Waterstones ready to go .

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek,
Are you still satisfied with the spyderco ceramics?
Steve