Lighten dyed wood?
Sorry I am having the same issues with a water based wood stain. What is DNA? And did it work well to lighten the wood?
(03-19-2021, 09:12 PM)mayonnaisedad Wrote: Sorry I am having the same issues with a water based wood stain. What is DNA? And did it work well to lighten the wood?

DNA = DeNatured Alcohol.  I doubt it's going to pull up waterbased stain, however.  Stain is different from dye.  Dye is a solution of color in the solvent and works like coloring eggs at Easter.  Stain is pigment particles suspended in a diluent, usually with a resin to bind it to the wood after it dries.  It's one step short of paint.  The only way to remove it is to find a stripper that will dissolve the binder or to mechanically sand or scrape it off.  There are strippers made specifically for removing stain.  I would try one of those first.  

John