On a Walk About, today
Just one of them days....just had to get out of the house by myself.....Decided to just keep going after getting the Blood Thinner Clinic stuff done....6 Antique Stores and a Restore paid the price of my being out on my own....

So...what treasures did I find?

1/2" chisel (Pexto?) a 1/4" TH Witherby chisel, and a Greenlee No. 442 screwdriver...came from the the first place I went to....Next place had this on the floor...

At $45+ tax...yet missing all those parts?  PASS.   Paused before heading upstairs...found a Stanley Junior Jack plane..

$18....it was missing the depth adjust wheel...added a spare I had when I got back home....

Thought I would need a spare wheel, and other parts..stopped at another store..

$7 Parts plane, a #3 sized c model....and something a bit extra...

This is a Sargent made model....with the 1873 patent date....

Then, stopped at a Restore store...

$2 for the Hanson Made in USA drill..and a dollar for the big hammer..

plane does have one issue I need to get fixed..

One side is cracked....may get it brazed....have a relative that is quite good at that sort of thing...

Climb a staircase, turn a corner into a room..

Then turn a bit to the right, and look....

And find the entire room is filled with tools.....I could do an entire post about the places...
Rolleyes 

Or..just keep them all to me-self?
Winkgrin 

We'll see...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Wish I had one of those places down here. Most places that sell the good stuff want ridiculous prices. Had one of those store owners come to a yard sale I was having once, tried to beat me down on prices. I wouldn't budge because I knew who he was. He passed, I felt like I won. I did sell the stuff to a guy that was going to use them, not resell.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-26-2021, 08:52 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Just one of them days....just had to get out of the house by myself.....Decided to just keep going after getting the Blood Thinner Clinic stuff done....6 Antique Stores and a Restore paid the price of my being out on my own....

So...what treasures did I find?

1/2" chisel (Pexto?) a 1/4" TH Witherby chisel, and a Greenlee No. 442 screwdriver...came from the the first place I went to....Next place had this on the floor...

At $45+ tax...yet missing all those parts?  PASS.   Paused before heading upstairs...found a Stanley Junior Jack plane..

$18....it was missing the depth adjust wheel...added a spare I had when I got back home....

Thought I would need a spare wheel, and other parts..stopped at another store..

$7 Parts plane, a #3 sized c model....and something a bit extra...

This is a Sargent made model....with the 1873 patent date....

Then, stopped at a Restore store...

$2 for the Hanson Made in USA drill..and a dollar for the big hammer..

plane does have one issue I need to get fixed..

One side is cracked....may get it brazed....have a relative that is quite good at that sort of thing...

Climb a staircase, turn a corner into a room..

Then turn a bit to the right, and look....

And find the entire room is filled with tools.....I could do an entire post about the places...
Rolleyes 

Or..just keep them all to me-self?
Winkgrin 

We'll see...

I imagine you would crap yourself under my house.  I am going to be sorting through stuff this summer.  I had to stop going on walk abouts.  The term hoarder has been heard more than once
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

More to drool over?

And from the other end of this table..

Almost missed this one...was distracted by..

While walking around the place downstairs...about tripped over this..

They only wanted $45 for it....was missing too many parts, though...

Ain't he cute?    AMF Apron plane....

It's over there, on one of them shelves...

No, not these shelves....

6 stores and a ReStore......and I may have missed a couple places.....was a decent day for a Road Trip Rust Hunt....
Returned to Urbana, OH yesterday.....stopped at 2 of the stores ( they sit side by side, one being called The Boston..) Checked on that miter box....a Stanley No. 358, by the looks of it....still want $45.    Already have one.

First "pick" was a strange little chisel....thought is was an 1/8" sash chisel...

Until I looked at the "back" to see if it was flat...
Confused

Groovy, man.....$5....
Next door....passed right by the Great Neck No. 4....to pick a different sort of plane...

On the rear deck..

Might take a wee bit of work?

Body itself is only 1-5/8" wide...
On the way out of that room....

North Bros, Div of Stanley Tools No. 135, with a slotted screwdriver tip...and...

This was the largest of the 3 spokeshaves,  one of the others was a double bladed version...this at least had a flat sole..

No. 51, might be a Stanley...according to the clipped corner box logo on the iron....
Winkgrin

I need to stay out of that room....maybe..
Rolleyes
Rehabbed the Apron plane....took a while..but..

Sides look better, now..

Got rid of the clear coat, and the rust under it, re-coated it in black semi-gloss Rustoleum...

OEM bolt was too monged up, replaced....that is the OEM washer, just cleaned up...plane will make shavings....iron was straightened up, and sharpened..

About the best I can do with the sole....was afraid it would get too thin....nose and tail had been radiused up by someone else....

"Mutt & Jeff"?  Other block plane is a Stanley No. 110....I did find a parking space for this little guy..

Right beside the Stanley No. 7c, Type 9.

The Stanley No. 51?

Clear coat removed, rust too....semi-gloos black.   Cap iron was simply shined up, no paint.  Sole?

Nice and clean and flat..iron was sharpened up, too..

Compared to my normal go-to spokeshave..

Save the 51 for the bigger jobs?
Fleas! How I miss a good flea...

Fare from the Quality of your fleas. Naver seen such amounts of old tools around here.

Cheers
Pedder
(04-07-2021, 01:43 AM)Pedder Wrote: Fleas! How I miss a good flea...

Fare from the Quality of your fleas. Naver seen such amounts of old tools around here.

Cheers
Pedder

Ha ha! Pedder, many of us are amazed and drooling too. The bug patrol (eradicators) haven't found Bandit's flea carriers yet. My guess is Steve avoids yard sales for my same reasons--too many distractions--and his market sellers just don't take time to get addicted to TheBay and post outrageous prices.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Warning:   The Yard Sale Season has begun in my neck of the woods..
Winkgrin   They even post maps to show where each one will be, what days, and what times...
Cool

2 things I watch for.....Barn Sale......Estate Sale.
Winkgrin   About 1/2 of the yard/garage sales that say "TOOLS" are just lawn tools.
No   But...never know, sometimes.....
Cool

It gets really bad...when you can just smell the rust as you are parking the car...and me nose will start a-twitching.....
Uhoh