Shower valve
In the cabin we bought and started rehab last fall I took out the tub and put in a shower. I put in a Tuscany single handle valve with half inch tubing all the way to the valve. I have good water pressure to the sinks and stool. The shower valve just dribbles. I've pulled it apart looking for a pressure limit, not finding one. Even turned it around wondering if there was a restrictor, that was worse yet. It is clearly marked hot/cold and up/down on the brass. Troubleshooting on the website is next to useless. Any suggestions. Thanks.
As a side note. All the rodents I was catching last fall. Cleaned up the yard and repaired any holes I could find. Not  a single sign of any critters after the winter. Traps were untouched.
(05-03-2021, 08:29 PM)gear jammer Wrote: In the cabin we bought and started rehab last fall I took out the tub and put in a shower. I put in a Tuscany single handle valve with half inch tubing all the way to the valve. I have good water pressure to the sinks and stool. The shower valve just dribbles. I've pulled it apart looking for a pressure limit, not finding one. Even turned it around wondering if there was a restrictor, that was worse yet. It is clearly marked hot/cold and up/down on the brass. Troubleshooting on the website is next to useless. Any suggestions. Thanks.
As a side note. All the rodents I was catching last fall. Cleaned up the yard and repaired any holes I could find. Not  a single sign of any critters after the winter. Traps were untouched.

Did the tub have good flow before ?     Could a shut off be closed on the supply ?    The work could have broke some scale loose inside the pipe and is now blocking flow.  Some valve have stops built in them where the water enters the valve, make sure they are open.  Take the shower-head off and see if you have flow.  Turn the water off, remove the cartridge have someone watch while you turn water back on to see if you have flow there.   Roly
+1 on checking for service stops at hot and cold inputs. Assuming it has never worked, look for screw on top of each supply connection and loosen it.
The adjusting screws on the inlets of the valve  are wide open. I did not put shut offs in the line to the shower. New copper from where it comes in to rest of cabin. Fighting old and new copper was a pain, it was an easy run and I  got to practice my newfound talent of sweating copper. Pretty proud of myself, no leaks. Took it out and started over. I will check for scale from the well pump to the new pipe next wknd. Thanks.
(05-04-2021, 09:03 AM)gear jammer Wrote: The adjusting screws on the inlets of the valve  are wide open. I did not put shut offs in the line to the shower. New copper from where it comes in to rest of cabin. Fighting old and new copper was a pain, it was an easy run and I  got to practice my newfound talent of sweating copper. Pretty proud of myself, no leaks. Took it out and started over. I will check for scale from the well pump to the new pipe next wknd. Thanks.

Check the shower head first, as i said remove the shower head and check for flow if not pull the cartridge with the water off then turn on to see if you have water to the cartridge.  I would bet on debris in the shower head inlet.  Roly

Some service stops are 1/4 turn valves so if it is turned 180 it is back off, some turn either way. DO FIRST Try turning where the screwdriver slot is parallel with the direction of flow.
If you overtighten the shower head or the hose on either end if you have a handheld, the rubber washers can close up restricting the flow.

Only hand tighten and a 1/4 turn more to stop drips or get a different washer.

I had this exact issue in my new shower when contractor installed it.