Anyone using 3M Cubetron discs with Festool sanders?
Common sense tells me smaller holes = less air flow and I don't know if they will match up well enough to over come that.

I use Festool compatible Rhino disks from Industrial Abrasives.

My impression is the Granate disks do a better job & outlast them.
I'm rather flummoxed with all the armchair engineers who just won't listen to folks who've used this product out in the real world and have said it's fine.  

I also have a hard time wrapping my head around all the skinflints that can't bear to part with a tenner to try out the stuff for themselves and make up their own mind .   The very same ones who've already dropped $200-$600 on a sander. 
Rolleyes
(05-05-2021, 09:00 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I also have a hard time wrapping my head around all the skinflints that can't bear to part with a tenner to try out the stuff for themselves and make up their own mind .   The very same ones who've already dropped $200-$600 on a sander. 
Rolleyes

I assume that is directed to me.

Its fair in the world we live in 
Smirk

The essence of my post was basically I see tons of info on the internet on how these were originally designed for auto body work, but have been used for woodworking and they cut great. I just was unsure if they worked well with the festool hole pattern or not. So I should just go buy a few boxes ( I only seen then in 50 ct boxes ) and shut the hell up because I have $500 invested in a sander and $800 in a vac? Oh by the way the ONLY reason I have these is for business use, If I was a weekend DIY type I wouldn't even look sideways at them, maybe that is where your distain comes from. But thank you for your judgment based on nothing related to realty. 

I add to the OP, I did purchase 2 boxes that I will try out on a future project, due to a number of comments in this post. Thank you for the adults that gave their honest experience, it was helpful.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(05-09-2021, 04:05 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I assume that is directed to me.

I just was unsure if they worked well with the festool hole pattern or not. So I should just go buy a few boxes ( I only seen then in 50 ct boxes ) and shut the hell up because I have $500 invested in a sander and $800 in a vac? Oh by the way the ONLY reason I have these is for business use, If I was a weekend DIY type I wouldn't even look sideways at them, maybe that is where your distain comes from. But thank you for your judgment based on nothing related to realty. 

I add to the OP, I did purchase 2 boxes that I will try out on a future project, due to a number of comments in this post. Thank you for the adults that gave their honest experience, it was helpful.

No, it wasn't directed to you in particular.  Perhaps you aren't really reading these posts ?   There was a post before your most recent one in which the author seems to be in your same predicament of low trust even after the discussion.

I have no disdain at all.  But I do find it rather curious that on one hand you say money isn't an object, but just mentioned you're apprehension about buying a couple of boxes of discs.  Why is that ?  If it gains you a competitive business advantage, its' money well spent.  If it turns out it's not as advertised, you chalk it up as an expense that didn't have a great return.  I'm sure you've made other decisions in that category before.  Or, do you only pick winners and make great decisions ?   And if you read all the info , you'd know you can get sample packs to try out the range for ten bucks.  A price even a skinflint can take a flyer on.

Another thing - you're still skeptical after this thread , the other info you cite, the linked site in this thread that says it'll work fine ?   Skepticism is healthy, but you seem to just want a reason to not buy this stuff.  That, usually boils down to money.  Which, you say isn't an issue. 

So, let's say it doesn't work as well a brand "x".   So what.   3M doesn't make crap and pedal internet snake oil products.  It's not as if you'll get taken for a ride by buying some and trying it out.

And why would you value the opinions or info of members here over a dedicate group of users of the actual tool you own, or a video ?   They are all just data points on which to base a decision.  Some may be more accurate, trustworthy, or experienced than others - but at some point, YOU have to roll the dice and see if something works for you, your process, and wallet.
I am late to this party, and hate to get in the way of anyone's internet brouhaha, but Taytools does have 5 piece packs.

https://taytools.com/collections/3m%E2%8...ding-discs
(05-11-2021, 08:49 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: No, it wasn't directed to you in particular.  Perhaps you aren't really reading these posts ?   There was a post before your most recent one in which the author seems to be in your same predicament of low trust even after the discussion.

I have no disdain at all.  But I do find it rather curious that on one hand you say money isn't an object, but just mentioned you're apprehension about buying a couple of boxes of discs.  Why is that ?  If it gains you a competitive business advantage, its' money well spent.  If it turns out it's not as advertised, you chalk it up as an expense that didn't have a great return.  I'm sure you've made other decisions in that category before.  Or, do you only pick winners and make great decisions ?   And if you read all the info , you'd know you can get sample packs to try out the range for ten bucks.  A price even a skinflint can take a flyer on.

Another thing - you're still skeptical after this thread , the other info you cite, the linked site in this thread that says it'll work fine ?   Skepticism is healthy, but you seem to just want a reason to not buy this stuff.  That, usually boils down to money.  Which, you say isn't an issue. 

So, let's say it doesn't work as well a brand "x".   So what.   3M doesn't make crap and pedal internet snake oil products.  It's not as if you'll get taken for a ride by buying some and trying it out.

And why would you value the opinions or info of members here over a dedicate group of users of the actual tool you own, or a video ?   They are all just data points on which to base a decision.  Some may be more accurate, trustworthy, or experienced than others - but at some point, YOU have to roll the dice and see if something works for you, your process, and wallet.

Feel better?

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(05-11-2021, 07:38 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Feel better?

LOL 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh 

Let us know how you do Steve... ignore the static noise. 
Yes
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Cabinet Monkey, perhaps you should give your opinion once then MOVE ON!
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(05-11-2021, 07:38 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Feel better?

Do you ?     

Perhaps you might if you just used the discs and got to sanding stuff instead of repeatedly second guessing the herd's collective wisdom. To which you came for advice in the first place.

(05-13-2021, 05:30 AM)KyleD Wrote: Cabinet Monkey, perhaps you should give your opinion once then MOVE ON!

you mean just like everyone else aound here ?

Quote:I am late to this party, and hate to get in the way of anyone's internet brouhaha, but Taytools does have 5 piece packs.  

Yup, already mentioned.
LOL This thread is showing potential to turn into something special.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP