Woodpeckers Rip-Flip Fence Stop System
I've had good luck with the iGaging digital read out. No drilling and easy installation.
https://www.chipsfly.com/tablesaw-digital.html

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(08-29-2021, 09:47 AM)cpolubin Wrote: I've had good luck with the iGaging digital  read out. No drilling and easy installation.
https://www.chipsfly.com/tablesaw-digital.html

Cliff

If I were to need a digital scale for my saw, this would be the one I'd go with. But I can't imagine how it would be useful in my shop as the tapes I use for measurements are most likely not to be the same as the digital scale.

Simon
(08-25-2021, 11:22 PM)EdL Wrote: My Unifence has a flip stop, it's nice to have, used it today.  
Yes . Need to see about getting another.
Woodpeckers is tough buy at their price point. I've never had a need or want for the fine adjustment either.

Ed

Ed, the only fence I have ever owned is a Unifence.  I, too, would be very interested in a picture of your flip stop.
(08-29-2021, 10:36 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: If I were to need a digital scale for my saw, this would be the one I'd go with. But I can't imagine how it would be useful in my shop as the tapes I use for measurements are most likely not to be the same as the digital scale.

Simon

Don't these digital devices come with both standard and metric settings? What kind of tapes do you have?

Doug
Sorry for not checking back in.

My Unifence was purchasd in 2007 or close, I put it on a 79 vintage Unisaw.

Ed

(08-30-2021, 04:55 PM)Tapper Wrote: Don't these digital devices come with both standard and metric settings? What kind of tapes do you have?

Doug

I use both, but mostly imperial. My point is that the digital scale is calibrated only to the tape or caliper that is used for the calibration.

I have half a dozen measuring tapes and not all of them are identical. Unless I remember to use the "calibration tape" in all my projects, the digital scale can be off.

Simon
(08-31-2021, 06:44 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I use both, but mostly imperial. My point is that the digital scale is calibrated only to the tape or caliper that is used for the calibration.

I have half a dozen measuring tapes and not all of them are identical. Unless I remember to use the "calibration tape" in all my projects, the digital scale can be off.

Simon

I suppose I don't understand using several different "kinds" of tapes. Being old school, I ALWAYS use standard or inches. Keeps everything consistent.

Doug
EdL: thanks for posting that picture
Even standard tapes of the same brand from the same company may not be identical. I have different brands and there're discrepancies among them.

Simon
(09-02-2021, 12:55 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Even standard tapes of the same brand from the same company may not be identical. I have different brands and there're discrepancies among them.

Simon

I suppose it "ain't a perfect world!"

Doug