Daily Bench Shot
(01-19-2018, 07:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Post away. Give me a picture of what's on your workbench today.
Daily, weekly, whatever. Come on, what is laying there you are working on, or need to put up that's in the way.
Laugh 

Here's mine today. Not much going on, just a table to repair the leg on.

Table is nearing completion. Just a set of four stretches to connect the upper corners of the top horizontal piece from one leg to the next. Material is oak, aniline "Light Pear" dye, walnut colored grain filler, poly finish.  
The top is already finished, afraid I can't tell you the variety as it was a South American hardwood included as a bonus when I ordered a Makita planer about 30 years ago.  The little box next to the table top is a sewing box I repaired/refinished for the same friend who'll be getting the table as a present this weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-06-2021, 07:40 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Greg,

You been hitting the Gym?

That be the Illinois Muscle Man
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-07-2021, 05:18 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: Table is nearing completion. Just a set of four stretches to connect the upper corners of the top horizontal piece from one leg to the next. Material is oak, aniline "Light Pear" dye, walnut colored grain filler, poly finish.  
The top is already finished, afraid I can't tell you the variety as it was a South American hardwood included as a bonus when I ordered a Makita planer about 30 years ago.  The little box next to the table top is a sewing box I repaired/refinished for the same friend who'll be getting the table as a present this weekend.

Lookin good.
Wink

Clearing the bench off, slowly.

Clearing the bench......

Attached Files Image(s)

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That bench should be covered in bee boxes and the like.  Mine will be tomorrow.  I need to set up the Dado stack 
to cut it all.  Using 1x12 running rabbets across the top for frames and up the sides to accommodate the side boards and the cut off for quilt boxes.  
I think next Spring I will be housing hives off site because no space for more here.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-26-2021, 08:58 PM)Bob10 Wrote: That bench should be covered in bee boxes and the like.  Mine will be tomorrow.  I need to set up the Dado stack 
to cut it all.  Using 1x12 running rabbets across the top for frames and up the sides to accommodate the side boards and the cut off for quilt boxes.  
I think next Spring I will be housing hives off site because no space for more here.

Cleaned up boxes, full of frames are in back, catching sunlight from the window, trying to ward off the mite attacks.
Other boxes and frames are in the garage, in one of the sheds......wife has them strung everywhere.
Smirk
Course I don't want them sticky, mouse/ant attracting things in here.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-26-2021, 11:07 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Cleaned up boxes, full of frames are in back, catching sunlight from the window, trying to ward off the mite attacks.
Other boxes and frames are in the garage, in one of the sheds......wife has them strung everywhere.
Smirk
Laugh

My boxes all got stuck back on the bees after extraction they dried them out in a week.  Longtime beekeeper contacted me tonight he has about 100 drawn out frames he no longer wants.  I hope to pick them up tomorrow.  I have boxes to hold them and a stack of wood to make another 17 boxes.  I am going to place hives on other people's property seems lots of people want them and I have maxed out what I can handle at my place.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Making some small shooting boards for use in a KCWG class. Sized for use with a Stanley or LN 60-1/2. Cutting the top plate and fence with my Shaper Origin. On the top plate I've got a 1/16" deep dado in which I press-fit the fence. Seems to work pretty well. Then all I have to do it cut out the base plate and cleat. The base plate also gets a dust groove.

First one is assembled and tests out great. In clamps are 5 other sets of parts ready to go. Eventually I'll have 14 of these made up but before I can finish that I need to find out how many people in the KCWG class are left handed.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(10-26-2021, 11:07 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Cleaned up boxes, full of frames are in back, catching sunlight from the window, trying to ward off the mite attacks.
Smirk
Laugh

Hah, because of that, I stopped storing my crafts in the garage in the middle. This is my problem. And the wife swears that the parts are at home.
Laugh
Rolleyes
My little project business service view here
Might be something, someday.

[Image: i-4FjtV2z-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site