Johnson Paste Wax is discontinued
Just found out that Johnson Paste Wax was discontinued on 12/31/21. If you can find it, you might want to pick up a spare.
I thought I'd pick up a can, as mine is over 10 years old and starting to get a bit funky. I searched around and it's already out of stock at my local big box stores, the local Ace Hardware and at Amazon too.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
I only have experience with the Johnson's product, but a web search indicates numerous similar products are on the market. I don't know their ingredients, but one should make sure there is no silicone in a product before buying. While I don't use very much, I'm sorry to see the Johnson's product go.
Thanks for the info.
Thanks. Will grab an extra.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
(05-16-2022, 09:04 AM)Patsfan Wrote: Thanks.  Will grab an extra.

Before you do that take a look at Lundmark.  Much better than Johnson's and has been made in America for decades.  It's the most amazing wax.  Goes on easy, wipes off incredibly easy, and leaves a finish that doesn't easily smudge with fingerprints.  

But I still see Johnson's as available at Amazon.  

John
(05-16-2022, 09:12 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Before you do that take a look at Lundmark.  Much better than Johnson's and has been made in America for decades.  It's the most amazing wax.  Goes on easy, wipes off incredibly easy, and leaves a finish that doesn't easily smudge with fingerprints.  

John

Thanks for the info on Lundmark.
Amazon shows Johnson ...but at over $27.  It's normally less than $10.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(05-16-2022, 09:12 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Before you do that take a look at Lundmark.  Much better than Johnson's and has been made in America for decades.  It's the most amazing wax.  Goes on easy, wipes off incredibly easy, and leaves a finish that doesn't easily smudge with fingerprints.  

John

Yep, as Terry said kind of pricey and not on Amazon Prime. I've had pretty good luck with Minwax at ~$10 and on Prime.

Doug
(05-16-2022, 11:41 AM)Tapper Wrote: Yep, as Terry said kind of pricey and not on Amazon Prime. I've had pretty good luck with Minwax at ~$10 and on Prime.

Doug

True, but Minwax is like Johnson's and Lundmark is in a different league.  You have to try it to understand.  At $27 to your door Lundmark is well worth the difference.  Whether just waxing your machine tops or rubbing out a finish, Lundmark is nothing like Johnson's, et al.  

John

I used paste wax on my cast iron to protect the iron and give a low-friction surface for the wood.
The Lundmark can advertises "anti-slip" -- is that a desirable property in this application?

Matt
(05-16-2022, 12:06 PM)jteneyck Wrote: True, but Minwax is like Johnson's and Lundmark is in a different league.  You have to try it to understand.  At $27 to your door Lundmark is well worth the difference.  Whether just waxing your machine tops or rubbing out a finish, Lundmark is nothing like Johnson's, et al.  

John

last year i took john's advice and tried lundmark, and he's absolutely right - the stuff is light years better on machines than johnson's.  it's a worthwhile upgrade.
(05-16-2022, 09:00 AM)Willyou Wrote: I only have experience with the Johnson's product, but a web search indicates numerous similar products are on the market. I don't know their ingredients, but one should make sure there is no silicone in a product before buying. While I don't use very much, I'm sorry to see the Johnson's product go.
Thanks for the info.

I take it you didn't participate in "GI parties" where Johnson's paste wax, buffed to a gleaming, was the choice of all the inspectors?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.