battery screwdrivers
There are old threads, but what is currently a go-to make/model?

This will be used for screwing and unscrewing computer or AV units into and out of racks. We won't be driving 3" screws into oak.

Ideas?
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"

(06-29-2022, 07:45 AM)janus frey Wrote: There are old threads, but what is currently a go-to make/model?

This will be used for screwing and unscrewing computer or AV units into and out of racks. We won't be driving 3" screws into oak.

Ideas?

(2557) Best Screwdriver Brand? (14 BRANDS) Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Ryobi, Bosch, Pink Power, Metabo - YouTube

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I have a dewalt inertia drive unit that I really like, it’s really nice to be able to adjust speed or direction with just a wrist movement.
Milwaukee just came out with a lion version of their old 4v (?) one....

Ed
(06-29-2022, 01:36 PM)JDuke Wrote: I have a dewalt inertia drive unit that I really like, it’s really nice to be able to adjust speed or direction with just a wrist movement.

Thank you. We did a little background and ordered one of those this afternoon to test out. DCF682. The concept seems fabulous.
"These new regulations are going to fundamentally change the ways in which we try to avoid them" 

(06-29-2022, 04:51 PM)janus frey Wrote: Thank you. We did a little background and ordered one of those this afternoon to test out. DCF682. The concept seems fabulous.

They are really cool.  I got one for Christmas several years ago.  It doesn't get used a lot, but for what you are wanting to do, I think it would be ideal.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(06-30-2022, 08:09 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: They are really cool.  I got one for Christmas several years ago.  It doesn't get used a lot, but for what you are wanting to do, I think it would be ideal.

Well, there's only one way to find out!

Thanks for the input.

One of the reasons I bought the dewalt inertia drive, was the high price of replacement batteries for the Milwaukee that it replaced.

I liked the Milwaukee but a replacement battery was going to cost almost as much as the Dewalt
Snap on makes a 14v impact driver that has a large 2 position paddle trigger, one side fwd, one side reverse that mechanics doing low torque stuff love.

I prefer a pistol grip for all power screwing jobs.

Other thought is a ratcheting screwdriver. I’d choose snap on or Williams, which are pretty much the same. I think ratcheting screwdrivers are game changers for some jobs
Just some numbers $45 each for batteries for the Milwaukee so $90 plus tax for just 2 new Milwaukee batteries.

Or for $119 plus tax you can get the dewalt inertia drive

As my father said before he passed, “ buy the batteries and they throw the tool almost for free”

Duke