"“Can we stop all the tears”
This piece is composed of art 101 shapes: cylinder, sphere and cone. The teardrop shape is very close to the cone shape. The main part or the piece, the cylinder was made from Teak staves, glued up about 3⁄4” thick then turned to about 1⁄8” thick. The teardrop was made from Acrylic. I had a leftover sculpture blank from about 30 years ago when I made Acrylic sculptures.
The coloring on the teardrop was added to a glue seam, this is a combination of dye and metallic powder. The base is a hollow sphere with a puck light inside, made from Walnut. The piece's finish size is 5" x 15" and the wood was sealed with satin lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bruce, you never cease to amaze.  Another beautiful piece.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I looked at the first pic and thought that would be cool if it had a light in it.

Yep, pretty cool!
VH07V  
(07-01-2022, 06:23 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Bruce, you never cease to amaze.  Another beautiful piece.

Thank you very much Bill.
(07-02-2022, 12:17 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I looked at the first pic and thought that would be cool if it had a light in it.

Yep, pretty cool!

Thank you;  I didn't want to tell everything about the piece at the start but had planed the light all along, thanks for looking and commenting.
Well planned

Excellent build-along

Absolutely stunning, beautiful result

In other words, thank you and Wow!
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thank you everyone so much I added some final photos to the WIP thread Thanks for following along.
(07-03-2022, 10:54 PM)iclark Wrote: Well planned

Excellent build-along

Absolutely stunning, beautiful result

In other words, thank you and Wow!

Thank you for your kind words and for following along. If folks are interested I'm starting a new project / hollow form with carving and intarsis  and coloring. I can post as I go along, I'll also be using the new steady rest I built for the first time.
That's a beautiful piece Bruce!
(07-05-2022, 08:43 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you for your kind words and for following along. If folks are interested I'm starting a new project / hollow form with carving and intarsis  and coloring. I can post as I go along, I'll also be using the new steady rest I built for the first time.
You are welcome. They are definitely well-earned.

Please definitely count me in.
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.