Trim Kit for a Panasonic Microwave oven
Hey all,

LOML and I are building a house in Williamsburg, VA.

We have a very lightly used Panasonic SD9878A microwave that we would like to have built into an oven cabinet.

The trim kit is NN-TK932SS. Unfortunately, they are nowhere to be found, except, this place: https://www.colders.com/

Anybody ever heard of, or bought stuff from them before?

Thanks,
chris
I can't help you with the seller, but I did have to replace a microwave recently and was surprised by something.

So when we bought our house (about 10 years ago) I put in a GE microwave with the trim kit. Then it died a couple months ago. Of course according to the manufacturer the trim kit I had didn't go with any of their modern offerings. I was having problems with finding a GE and the matching trim kit at a price I wanted to pay. I did find a LG one that also had a trim kit available (online) that was more reasonable. So I grabbed the LG microwave from a local store and decided to see if the old trim kit might work even though they were different brands. It fit perfectly. Every screw hole lined up. I was surprised, but maybe there is a standard on how these are done. (or maybe LG and GE have some relationship I don't know about).

Now granted both microwaves were similar sizes, but I was still surprised, and happy to save a couple hundred bucks.

So you might want to see if you can find an old one somewhere and try that out. Or maybe someone here can give more info on trim kits and of there are any standards/common ways they are done.

doobes - better call them directly to see if they actually HAVE one of those in stock.   It's a small, local operation and I'll wager little of their biz is online.    Big River has that trim kit listed as available for shipping - and their biz IS online.  I'd just order it there.

There are few actual microwave manufacturers with Sharp and Panasonic making the lion's share of the U.S. premimum brands.  GE still makes microwaves though their corp. parent. Haier prob. makes a lot more of them these days.   The S.Korean LG + Samsung make them too.      There is no standard per se, that said, but since there is so much cross pollination a trim kit from one brand may very well fit another.   I know this to be fact on certain Thermador models that were made by Panasonic.

There is also MicroTrim that specializes in custom trim kits.  They make a kit to fit any microwave and opening.  You have to do the sizing/engineering and they don't look as good as a factory model, but they are available and competitively priced.
(08-12-2022, 12:24 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: doobes - better call them directly to see if they actually HAVE one of those in stock.   It's a small, local operation and I'll wager little of their biz is online.    Big River has that trim kit listed as available for shipping - and their biz IS online.  I'd just order it there.

There are few actual microwave manufacturers with Sharp and Panasonic making the lion's share of the U.S. premimum brands.  GE still makes microwaves though their corp. parent. Haier prob. makes a lot more of them these days.   The S.Korean LG + Samsung make them too.      There is no standard per se, that said, but since there is so much cross pollination a trim kit from one brand may very well fit another.   I know this to be fact on certain Thermador models that were made by Panasonic.

There is also MicroTrim that specializes in custom trim kits.  They make a kit to fit any microwave and opening.  You have to do the sizing/engineering and they don't look as good as a factory model, but they are available and competitively priced.

Yes, GE is Haier.. Much better product now
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-12-2022, 04:07 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Yes, GE is Haier.. Much better product now

Perhaps in some regards.  In others , not really. 

Haier doesn’t make built in fridges and their reg. one or two aren’t very compelling.  Neither are their dishwashers or ice machines.