craftsman pro v.s. lathe
(08-17-2022, 07:27 PM)grwold Wrote: [gloat]Thank so much, John!  It was great meeting you, and I'm looking forward to learning a bit about turning, now.[/gloat]

you too, greg . . . welcome to the world of the spinning!  
Big Grin
(08-17-2022, 07:27 PM)grwold Wrote: [gloat]Thank so much, John!  It was great meeting you, and I'm looking forward to learning a bit about turning, now.[/gloat]

Welcome to the Vortex.

As a reminder, there is a Turning section upstairs.

Since you are new to turning, I highly recommend that you look up the locations of local woodturning clubs on the American Association of Woodturning (AAW) website. The local clubs often have outreach training efforts for new turners and some offer mentoring in addition to be able to send demos at the club meetings.

Congratulations to you both on a successful SnS opportunity.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-18-2022, 06:31 PM)iclark Wrote: Welcome to the Vortex.

As a reminder, there is a Turning section upstairs.

Since you are new to turning, I highly recommend that you look up the locations of local woodturning clubs on the American Association of Woodturning (AAW) website. The local clubs often have outreach training efforts for new turners and some offer mentoring in addition to be able to send demos at the club meetings.

Congratulations to you both on a successful SnS opportunity.

Thanks, Ivan.  There's an AAW club, just as you mention, local to me here in Bucks County, PA:  Bucks Woodturners.  I plan to attend their next meeting.

As for SnS opportunities, I've had many, and recommend them highly.  We are really blessed with so many great folks here on the forums.