How do you cut the fascia for this stair stringer?
Fellas?

Building a deck for my BIL and we're almost to the point where we're going to apply the "fascia" around the joists/stringers.  Now, I realize I should have applied the stair fascia on before the railing and treads went on, but that's water under the bridge at this point.  

Short of taping on pieces of heavy paper/cardboard and then tracing it on the fascia material, how would you go about cutting the piece to cover the stair stringer?  thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Hmm...how are the stair stringers attached to the header? Looks like they are just hanging...
(10-31-2022, 07:44 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Hmm...how are the stair stringers attached to the header? Looks like they are just hanging...

There are 6 stair stringer straps holding them up
Dumber than I appear
There should be more header/structure behind the top step. Like the pic below. If it were me first thing to do is fix/add the header structure. Doesn't look like there's room to add facia to the risers...is that the plan?

Attached Files Image(s)

Usually you cut the treads flush with the outside stringers and and run the fascia straight. The only cuts are at the top and the bottom. If you don't want to have a straight fascia, you cut the stringers and the fascia "stacked" at the same time.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-31-2022, 08:41 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: There are 6 stair stringer straps holding them up

That would make me nervous. I'd add a couple posts if I were doing it that way. Note the notch at the top of the post.

[Image: wPr4n0H.jpg]

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-31-2022, 09:16 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: That would make me nervous.

That was my first thought also.   Roly
I'd also block in those risers... at least make an attempt to meet code.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-31-2022, 05:45 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I'd also block in those risers... at least make an attempt to meet code.

The risers are blocked.  IIRC, since there are 4 risers and 9 steps, I put in 18 bocks.
Dumber than I appear
(11-01-2022, 08:03 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: The risers are blocked.  IIRC, since there are 4 risers and 9 steps, I put in 18 bocks.

Stairs over 30" (36"?) are supposed to have closed risers. The first two steps in the pic show open risers.