Metal roof on lean-to shed
I'm almost ready to put on the screw down metal roof panels on my lean-to shed, but I can't seem to find information on what to do at the peak (is it called the peak or maybe ridge?). What kind of metal trim do I use there that covers the peak and hangs down over the fascia? Do I use the same trim as on the gable ends which lays flat to the fascia, or the same drip edge flashing that has a kick out? Or is there a more appropriate trim to use?

Thanks
Paul
(11-07-2022, 09:06 AM)atgcpaul Wrote: I'm almost ready to put on the screw down metal roof panels on my lean-to shed, but I can't seem to find information on what to do at the peak (is it called the peak or maybe ridge?).  What kind of metal trim do I use there that covers the peak and hangs down over the fascia?  Do I use the same trim as on the gable ends which lays flat to the fascia, or the same drip edge flashing that has a kick out?  Or is there a more appropriate trim to use?

Thanks
Paul

Below is a link to a page for a local supplier near me that shows a picture representation of all the parts of agricultural trim and accessories.  I'm sure there is a supplier near you with something similar.

https://martinsmetalroofing.com/wp-conte...-Sheet.pdf
Rake trim goes over the fascia, drip edge along the bottom, and ridge cap on the ridge. In order to get everything to look right, I had to bend a bottom panel for tge fascia, and then modify the rake, but you may not have to. It all depends on the look you're after and the length of your brake.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy