Lil Thanksgiving holiday project. Poker chip trays
Our middle daughter’s roommate is getting into playing poker and he asked if I could build some chip trays.

Main body is pine and the “end caps” are mahogany.

All scraps from the bin.
Dumber than I appear
I assume you are looking for suggestions on how to do it? I also assume you are thinking about a trough shape where the chips rest on edge in the trough. My first thought is to use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Rannb-Woodworking...129&sr=8-7
No, I already made those 8 trays
Dumber than I appear
I don't see 8 trays. Did you post pictures?
darn iPhone!!!

Looks like the pictures didn't upload.  Here they are.  They're not perfect, but good enough for gubmint work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
(11-28-2022, 08:19 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: darn iPhone!!!

Looks like the pictures didn't upload.  Here they are.  They're not perfect, but good enough for gubmint work.

What's not perfect?  They look great.  Well done.  

John
Good work. What tools did you use?
(11-28-2022, 10:04 AM)Willyou Wrote: Good work. What tools did you use?

I used a Forstner bit on the DP.

I then used my spindle sander to smooth out what the bit left.

(Little funny story about my Delta BOSS...I didn't used it much in the past because it would seem the sleeves that go with it were a touch too big so when it would come in contact with what I was sanding, the sleeve wouldn't spin but the spindle would...frustrating. 

So the other day it hit me...Why not just jam a little wedge down between the sleeve and the spindle?   Now it works perfectly and I'll be using it more often.  Only took the DP 5 years to figure out a fix).

I really wasn't looking forward to sanding the grooves with some SP wrapped around a large dowel, so this trick saved my bacon.
Dumber than I appear
(11-28-2022, 09:55 AM)jteneyck Wrote: What's not perfect?  They look great.  Well done.  

John

Well if you look closely at the 2nd one in the 2nd picture, you'll see where I had to glue 2 pieces together so the gran isn't continuous.  I had to do that on a few of them because they were a bit too tight to hold 20 chips/row.
Dumber than I appear
(11-28-2022, 02:46 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Well if you look closely at the 2nd one in the 2nd picture, you'll see where I had to glue 2 pieces together so the gran isn't continuous.  I had to do that on a few of them because they were a bit too tight to hold 20 chips/row.

Yeah, I saw that, but likely only you will care.  Those who use them won't, especially after a few drinks and they realize how much money they're losing.  

John