WTB - LN Chisel Plane
Looking for a Lie-Nielsen chisel plane. Just missed the one that sold earlier. Please drop me a PM if you have one you no longer need.

Thanks,

Doug
Bump for the weekend.
Someone is selling one here:
https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7371515
(12-06-2022, 11:18 AM)paul2004 Wrote: Someone is selling one here:
https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7371515

Last entry indicates both planes in that ad were sold on 12-3-2022.

Doug
You could go right to the source:

Lie Nielsen Chisel Plane
Do you want the large or small plane?
(12-06-2022, 12:14 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: You could go right to the source:

Lie Nielsen Chisel Plane

Why would you think that I haven't done that yet?
(12-06-2022, 01:02 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Do you want the large or small plane?

I was thinking of the small one. If you or anyone else has a large one I'd like to know what you primarily use it for. One of the uses I thought the small one might good for is to trim wooden plugs flush with the surface.
(12-06-2022, 11:28 PM)Tapper Wrote: Why would you think that I haven't done that yet?

Since many of us assume that Lie Nielsen is and has been out of stock on many of their tools. I was surprised to find that they not only have the limited edition chisel plane available right now, but they also have the regular chisel plane. Perusing through their website I discovered that many of the items that have been selling on eBay for a kings ransom over the last year are now available from LN at ordinary prices. This was a surprise to me, and I thought it might be a surprise to others. Go figure.
(12-07-2022, 09:05 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Since many of us assume that Lie Nielsen is and has been out of stock on many of their tools. I was surprised to find that they not only have the limited edition chisel plane available right now, but they also have the regular chisel plane. Perusing through their website I discovered that many of the items that have been selling on eBay for a kings ransom over the last year are now available from LN at ordinary prices. This was a surprise to me, and I thought it might be a surprise to others. Go figure.

You make an excellent point. As someone who owns only one LN product and bought it on this forum, I don't keep up with their inventory and supply. I did look at their web site and saw that the chisel plane was available. 

I'm always looking for a bargain. This is definitely a "want" and not a need. The one that sold here recently went for $150 + shipping. Someone has contacted me via PM with one for sale - no deal yet.

BTW, in my searches I found that Wood River makes a version of this item. Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks,

Doug