Clearvue cyclone question for TS blade guard
Woah, thats a clever and inexpensive way to check it. Vs the dwyer I’d borrowed before. May have to make one of those to test gates.

Thanks!
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
John's manometer is a not half-bad way to keep an eye on dust collector filters as well. My filter is a wynn cartridge that filters from the inisde. I just fixed a tube to the solid end of the filter and put colored water in it as described. If the filter is clean the height of the water should be nearly the same when running because there is little resistance to air flow. As the filter clogs the difference between the two water columns will become greater. How much is too much? I don't really know but I can tell the filter is clogging by the difference in the water column heights. I settled on one inch difference greater than any difference with a clean filter.
(03-30-2023, 04:03 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: John's manometer is a not half-bad way to keep an eye on dust collector filters as well. My filter is a wynn cartridge that filters from the inisde. I just fixed a tube to the solid end of the filter and put colored water in it as described. If the filter is clean the height of the water should be nearly the same when running because there is little resistance to air flow. As the filter clogs the difference between the two water columns will become greater. How much is too much? I don't really know but I can tell the filter is clogging by the difference in the water column heights. I settled on one inch difference greater than any difference with a clean filter.

Some machines have built in manometers for this reason.  You can use yours to better determine when to clean/change the cartridge by observing when your DC no longer conveys dust/chips well enough to keep your machines from loading up.  My big bandsaw gives almost instant feedback; nothing builds up normally, but if I leave 2 dust gates open dust instantly starts collecting in the lower wheel housing.  Anyway, when you see the performance fall off check what the manometer reading is and then change the filter when it gets close to that value.  

John