Vintage Library Shelving
There is a very good article by Smithsonian detailing and explaining revolving bookcases once sold to libraries. They use a catalog from 1894 and provide lots of pictures and details. There are quite a few different styles shown in the article. Anyone looking for a project might enjoy giving this a view. I don't have the room to roll one of these around in my house but I'd love to try anyway.

Vintage Library Shelving

Here is one of the illustrations as an example of what's provided.
[Image: library-bureau-classified-illustrated-page-145.jpeg]
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Thanks for sharing, in my limited knowledge, I had never considered a revolving, rolling bookstand. Moving this onto the summer project list!
Steve
(05-05-2023, 08:30 AM)woodworkersteve Wrote: Thanks for sharing, in my limited knowledge, I had never considered a revolving, rolling bookstand. Moving this onto the summer project list!
Steve

Looks to me like it would be cheaper to just buy one.

Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(05-05-2023, 04:32 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Looks to me like it would be cheaper to just buy one.

Winkgrin

I didn't know that Ikea sold them.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-05-2023, 09:53 PM)iclark Wrote: I didn't know that Ikea sold them.

Maybe not like the one pictured.  
Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(05-06-2023, 04:48 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: Maybe not like the one pictured.  
Big Grin

Yea, those are dirt cheap. I'll take 50....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020