Spindle Sander suggestions
I went and looked at the Ridgid again.  To my surprise, it's been redesigned.  Of course, the add at HD says it's improved, but it's clear they got rid of much of the plastic casing from the original model.  

[Image: AP1GczOoFbfHxVjbWTPunMnDbbVSnaY7M7U9I0BD...authuser=1]

John
(10-18-2024, 03:03 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I went and looked at the Ridgid again.  To my surprise, it's been redesigned.  Of course, the add at HD says it's improved, but it's clear they got rid of much of the plastic casing from the original model.  

[Image: AP1GczOoFbfHxVjbWTPunMnDbbVSnaY7M7U9I0BD...authuser=1]

John

What showed up in my initial search was an EB4424 like this pic:

The pic is from Amazon.   According to Amazon, the EB4424 is "In Stock."  The local Home Depot has three EB4424s in stock, according to the HD web site.  

The picture in John's post is an R4840.  It shows up on HD's web site for $100 less than the EB4424. 

The dust collection on mine is OK, but certainly not perfect.  I don't see how the "skeletonized" machine would control dust at all. 

I don't think I'd be happy with the "skeletonized" version; I wouldn't order it.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Someone just advertised a ryobi in the tool swap and sell category.  Maybe check it out.
(10-17-2024, 08:36 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: My Delta Boss spindle sander motor died in the middle of a project. New motors are not available anywhere. A quick trip to Harbor Freight for their cheap tool got me through the project but that machine is a piece of crap. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced replacement, Jet, Grizzly?

I have had an older Ryobi with the cast iron top for about 20 years and still going strong.  It is mounted on a carpet-lined closed cabinet with a dedicated Ridgid vac inside and directly connected to the sander.  Almost no dust, very little noise, and probably extended motor lifetime.  Looks like the new Ryobi, Griz and such do not have the cast iron top, but several brands look like they were made in the same factory.
(10-18-2024, 04:46 PM)GaryMc Wrote: I have had an older Ryobi with the cast iron top for about 20 years and still going strong.  It is mounted on a carpet-lined closed cabinet with a dedicated Ridgid vac inside and directly connected to the sander.  Almost no dust, very little noise, and probably extended motor lifetime.  Looks like the new Ryobi, Griz and such do not have the cast iron top, but several brands look like they were made in the same factory.

The one in swap and sell is mine anbd, like yours, is an older model with cast iron top.  Very solid machine but original poster has not shown location so hard to determine feasibility.

Rick
Rick

Hers a video on a comparison ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8KfGDUuWE