Who are you
Carolyn Smith. Soon to be 66, but dont feel it. Retired from lawyering a few years ago. Theoretically, I have plenty of time for WW, but we travel a lot and my shop has no heat or air.

Bought a lathe in about 2007 because my family wanted me to. Turned a few things, but so far have not fallen down the slope, though I enjoy seeing what others do. I much prefer flat work with two-dimensional curves, particularly if made from reclaimed wood, so I'm more active upstairs.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Rodney Walker, currently fighting Melanoma. Woodworking is what I like to do and I've been slowly rebuilding old woodworking tools and machines to get the shop I want.
My daughter Olivia and I are still learning to turn and the challenges on this forum help us with that.
Rodney
An update for my original 2/08 post:

I've now been turning for 4 1/2 years. Got started turning pens for our local Freedom Pen group and this past year, made 210 pens for the group. I bought a Jet 1220VS and have maxed it out a few times experimenting with different things. I'm now in the market for a PM 3520B.

I'm now 52, an Electrical Engineer who designs computer mother boards and other high speed logic circuits. I do mostly flat work but am anticipating taking off on turning when I get my bigger lathe. The front porch of my shop is full of bowl blanks waiting for me.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
OK, I'll bite too. My name is Stevan Sweeney, and not complaining about my age (57). Although, there are days.......
My Woodnet handle comes from this:

The Princeton Agricultural Ground Effect Machine (AgGEM) which my father designed. I use my lathe to build models of it:

and the PGEM:

Right now I have two museum commissions to do of the PGEM. I am not sure if I like turning quite yet, but I might be warming up to it. At this point, it is a means to an end. I just bought a Nova 1624 which replaced my 10" Fisch. So with a 16" swing, I can now build bigger models, which is nice!
Ag (Steve)

P.S. Not to hog more space but here is my other lathe, which I do enjoy using:

OK, I am done!
Ok, I'm another Mike. A much better guitarist than turner, possibly because I've studied guitar for 52 years, while I probably have less than 52 hours total in on the lathe in the past 2-3 years.

Recently joined a turners' group in hopes of learning from the experiences of others. Same idea as always trying to gig with more accomplished pickers -- gets you up the learning curve faster.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -- Arthur Schopenhauer
Jonathan Smith, I'm a registered nurse from Cleveland Ohio. I've been turning off and on for a few years but then seriously for about 1 1/2 years. basically it's been that long since I've made anything flat!
Window Guy said:

I was a Product Manager with one of the largest Architectural Aluminum Manufactures in the World working in the Window and Sliding Glass Door Division.
Steve

Very interesting, Steve.

I always thought you were the stunt double for Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
Hey
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Bob Atchison.
Soon to turn 68.
Been turning since July, 2012
Self employed

Use a Delta 46-460 with extension.

Hoping Snider will invite me up to help
clear out a few of the bowl blanks on his shop's
porch

Turning is the most fun you can have with your
clothes on!
David 58, been turning for 40 years.

Currently alternating between wood working and writing my second novel.
"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"