Who are you
My name is Pete. I'm 53 years old. Keepsake was the name of my sideline wedding photography business years back (Keepsake Imaging). My family nicknamed me "Beaver" (long before the TV show ) cause I liked to play in the water and mud, hence my avatar.

I've been turning for 1 1/2 years. I'm on a deliberate hiatus from that to get some things in order, including a top to bottom home renovation. I probably learned half of what I know from this forum. I miss turning a lot and hopefully will be back at it in the new year.

Pete
we are strangers ..... in a strange land
Josh Wright, 33, Project Manager in an IT department. Been turning for about 4 months. Been doing flatwork for about 5 years. Plan to do some more if I can ever tear myself away from turning bowls.
"Sometimes your the windowshield, sometimes your the bug" - Mark Knopfler
Michael, 43 years old, photographer. Been turning for a couple of months. Mostly a handtools guy doing flat work. Bought a teeny HF lathe to make some chisel handles and plane totes. Can't seem to stop. Already planning next lathe purchase.
darn you people!

Michael
Well my real name is ert321! I just took the screen name Bill Grumbine because I figured no one else would want it.
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
My name is Jon Morris. When I worked in a cabinet shop everyone called me Jon Mortice. My screen name comes from a nickname I got 20 years ago but have been unable to shake off, but that's another thread. I've been playing around on the lathe for about 5 years and still don't know what I'm doing. One of these days I'll take a class and learn something.

Jon
My name is Dale Bonertz and I'm 45 years old. Remodeling contractor in Colorado. Have been turning about 5 years. Don't post much but read often. I have the same bowl on the lathe for the past week for the better half has me finishing the basement. Been spoiled by my mentor (Dan) and his Vicmarc vl300 lathe. I turn on a woodfast and a jet mini and dreaming of the vl300.
My name is Jack, been turning some for 30 + years. I've been teaching high school shop for 25 years. Got serious about turning 3 years ago and the local woodturners club started meeting in my school shop a year and a half ago. We now have 5 lathes in my school shop including a new mustard monster. I am about a month away from having power in my home shop. Starting 1/3/08 the local power company will put underground to my shop for free. Chiristmas will be a little late for me this year.
Jack
Hunting and collecting the wood is as much fun as looking in it, to see what Mother Nature has CREATED.
AnthonyYak said:

Uncle Joey

Dangit, how could I forget that one! Good thing you're here

-Joe
Jeff Crenshaw - 35 - Software Developer - turning for -5 days (yes, that's negative 5!). I'm expecting a Woodcraft GC under the tree which will be used on a Jet mini-lathe.

This year while doing the Christmas decorations LOML wanted some "height" for the mantle (tall candlestick holders, etc.), but couldn't find anything she liked. I made the comment, "Gee, if I had a lathe, I could turn you anything you want." And so it began...

I spend most of my time in the Hand Tools forum, so I know all about the slippery slopes around here - and actually I'm thinking most of my projects to begin with will be tool handles.

Take care,

Jeff
Jeff2005 said:

This year while doing the Christmas decorations LOML wanted some "height" for the mantle (tall candlestick holders, etc.), but couldn't find anything she liked. I made the comment, "Gee, if I had a lathe, I could turn you anything you want." And so it began...

hahahaha we could probably start a new thread with how our wives accidentally gave us excuses to buy our lathes.

I was turning on a Shopsmith ER10. When I brought in a bowl to show her she said, "It's nice, but can't you turn anything bigger?"

MUAhahahahahaha

-Joe