Cedar Strip Canoe completed
sweet looking boat.

thanks for sharing.

Hope you find peace, love and happiness,
bmg
Fantastic. I hope you have many great hours on the water

I am enjoying it.  Hopefully my wrist will cooperate and let me get back to it this spring.

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
That is gorgeous! Great work, Gary. This is a project that is on my bucket list as well. Where do you live in KY and what lake did you take it out on?
I live near Versailles and take the canoe out to Beaver Lake west of Lawrenceburg. You're welcome to stop by sometime and see it if you want
Nice work Gary. Looks like you laid up the strips without staples,I don't see the tiny holes.I laid up the strips on my canoe that way.I made " clothespins" from scrap to hold the strips. If I ever build another I think I might experiment with pin nails. Should be able to pull them from the back side after the forms are stripped.
My canoe is 6" longer than yours at 15'-6".
I couldn't get ash long enough, used white oak for the gunwales.
mike
mike4244 said:

Nice work Gary. Looks like you laid up the strips without staples,I don't see the tiny holes.I laid up the strips on my canoe that way.I made " clothespins" from scrap to hold the strips. If I ever build another I think I might experiment with pin nails. Should be able to pull them from the back side after the forms are stripped.
My canoe is 6" longer than yours at 15'-6".
I couldn't get ash long enough, used white oak for the gunwales.
mike

The ash boards I used for my gunwales were only 8' long. I used scarf joints to join two pieces together. I did use staples and they are visible but not distracting.

It was the most fun and challenging project I built
Bump for another year
When are you going to take it out for the Bowron circuit?
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Politics 
What are you doing out of the basement?!?!?

Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.