The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
Yes I built a Radiant floor heat panel and have ~2600ft  of 1/2" pex in the floor in 9 loops in one zone in the middle of the 5" concrete. I have extruded polystyrene  foam and a vapor barrier under that.

For cooling I just have the two 14'X14' doors and a 48" barn fan for now. No plans of now to air condition it.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-22-2016, 08:47 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I have enough plywood for the ceiling too.

Sweet. That will make it heat better.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Put the sawstop in the new shed last night to keep from moving wall panels between shops. It was kinda like a christening for the new shop
Smile. Also a good excuse to get it cleaned up. I need to spend some time and adjust the extension table flush, its been just off/low for quite a bit.

[Image: IMG_20161025_165559_zpsqxgqg01l.jpg]

Took the weekend off to do this - 30rds of 9mm - 10 each at 5 7 and 10 yards. The 16 hour Illinois CCL Class is now complete, test qualified, and my license paid and applied for. Now to wait 90-120 days.

[Image: cc_zps3mjrnwyh.jpg]

Nice to keep the "varmints" at bay!!!
Winkgrin
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

90-120 days?? Sheriff's office kinda slow around there??

In 60 days, Missouri will be a Constitutional Carry state. I'd suggest you move, but then you'd have to start all over again on your Mikiespace.

Laugh
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Democratic communist state here. CCL was a bit backed up with all the applicants. Cook county drives IL into crazy la la land motion and law. BUT, I am not leaving the Mikiespace estate except in a small wooden box hopefully. I treat my girls and life good so I can stay happy. Really have no plans to carry. Just wanted to learn about how to be legal and to learn what I dont know and how to practice to get better. Also wanted to learn what to teach my kids and wife.

I have a similar target posted on the inside of the window on my camp door. I also added the following note:

" I ain't a cop, don't expect a Miranda warning!"

Ken
It'll come faster...mine took a little less than 30 days at the peak in early 2014 in Illinois (assuming you're squeaky clean.)  Carrying daily is world-view-changing.  I've never been to the range as regularly and never misplace my wallet.  Good luck on that decision...my kids both want to carry now and I encourage them to explore the responsibility.

-m
That's prob some of the most important info I got out of the class is the responsibility and standard at which you will be judged. I also need to study it and the law much more for sure.

I own my own range here. I have a new desire and responsibility to use it more. Also have some ideas for some better targets than I currently have.

Do any of you own CC insurance? I thought that was interesting.