Remote for 3HP Dust Collector
I'm a bit late to this thread, but it's very timely as my Oneida remote just stopped working today. I've added your parts to my Amazon wish list, so I'll probably end up doing the same project. Thanks for sharing!
My Woodworking Shop. (Static site I no longer control - Forced move to Comcast)
Glad to help! The article I wrote on my web site is a bit more comprehensive and has a section with links to all the major components both from Amazon.com and Home Depot. Drop me a line if you have any questions
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got me to finally get off my butt and do it. It took all of 15 minutes from start to finish to do it and it worked perfectly. Got the contactor from Amazon, a box from HD the 110 remote I had bought from Ace in a closeout. Works like a charm.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Cool! I'm glad other people are trying this out. Fred gave me the "push" I needed so I'm just passing it along
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
I was just passing it along as well. I picked it up on one of these forums, but it was your drawing and write up that shows just how easy it is to do. A note to APMonte, mine is on an Oneida as well, so pay attention to the stuff about removing the mag switch...
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Did I miss something about removing the mag switch?

I've got a new battery on order from Amazon for my Oneida remote. I don't expect that to fix the issue since the remote LED still lights up. Otherwise, I've been contemplating buying a new remote from Ebay to replace the Oneida remote at a substantially reduced cost. That would allow me to use the contactor and Thermal overload that I already have.

My Oneida setup looks like this one. I'm hoping to replace the control board with something like
this. That would allow me to still be able to manually turn the cyclone on and off, and at a reduced cost. I'll try to post back to follow-up to let the group know what I ended up doing.
My magnetic switch is still in my system. I wired the remote into the switch. I can use the switch, or the remote.
I also have a toggle switch on the box to kill the power to the remote. I don't want it coming on accidentally when I'm gone.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I received my 220V 2 Channel RF Wireless remote switch from Ebay and have my V3000 cyclone up and running again. Total cost was $15. This came with two keychain 433.92Mhz remotes, so it seems to be a pretty good deal. I replaced the remote control board that came with the Oneida switch which allowed me to reuse the contactor and overload protection. The only real issue that I had was in pairing the remotes to the board. Once I stretched out the coiled antenna, things seemed to work much better. I turned it on and off a few times and it seems to work fine. Here are the details in case anyone wants to try something similar.

The schematic for the existing circuit and new remote cut-in.

Pictures of the old and new remotes.

New remote connected to the circuit.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I don't follow these forums as much as I used to, so feel free to PM or e-mail me.
Blacky's Boy said:

Cool! I'm glad other people are trying this out. Fred gave me the "push" I needed so I'm just passing it along

Another thanks to Dom and Fred - between this thread and Dom's website I gathered up the parts and got this home brew remote installed yesterday. No more fooling with poor quality X10 technology and high priced alternatives.
Rick

bump!
See ya around,
Dominic