Remote for 3HP Dust Collector
Fred,
How necessary is it to bypass the switch on the DC? Like I said in my thread above I was going to do it but decided to see if it would work with just placing the DC switch in the ON position and leaving it there.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
kscott said:

If you did it with the switch in the ON position and it worked then I don't think that you have a magnetic switch. If I remember correctly you have the Reliant 3HP DC, right? If so then it is not a magnetic switch, I believe.
Ken

Hah, you beat me to the punch Ken!

I was just typing this question out to Fred. And you are correct. I have a Reliant 3HP DC.
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Yep. If it's not a magnetic switch, then just leave it on.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
web page

Shop Built Dust Collector Wireless Remote
See ya around,
Dominic
Nice, very well done.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Neat video but I have a question. I have that exact same DC. When I turn mine on the top bags snap up and get hard as a rock, almost like, well, never mind . In the video the top bags did not move one bit, as far as I can tell. Something going on here? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Well, I have a gizmo attached to the top of each bag that holds it up against the ceiling joists.

Edit to add:
Forgot to mention that I'm using oversized filter bags from AFF. So they really don't blow up like the stock bags.
See ya around,
Dominic
Well Done Dom!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
gotcha. thanks. AFF folks are great. I have their custom made bags on my 4HP DC and they work great. I gave them measurements and they came back perfect.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Ken,
back when I was first installing this DC you (as well as others here) advised me to call the people at AFF. I took your advise and they made those bags for me.

Each of those bags has a loop at the top. I screwed a big j-hook into the underside of the joist over the DC and the cut a piece of oak that was as long as the DC (spanned both bags) and narrow as the loops. The hook fits right into a hole I drilled in the center of the oak slat. It's not optimal bu tit keeps the bags from flopping over.
See ya around,
Dominic