Help with design
A customer asked me to build something similar to the link. I've come up with a drawing of my own but wonder how the dimensions/angles compare with what others think from looking at the picture. Mainly asking what you think the angle and dimension of the legs are? How much overhang on the end of the table from the legs?

Thanks

http://www.minwax.com/woodworking-inspir...n-standard
How about a bit thicker top?
Or maybe a skirt under the top?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Top will be 5/4 stock
Also top is 8'x3'
Since it's supposed to be an upgraded picnic table, I'd start by finding picnic table plans and building a full-size prototype from BORG construction wood.
Perhaps you just need to draw it out to get some decent perspective.

This was just a quick sketch so there's not much detail. The top is shown at 8 feet long by 3 feet wide and 1-1/4 in. thick. Legs are at 15° and the leg assembly is 12 in. from the end.
I'd just eye-ometer it. Sketch up some stuff that looks right.

Legs at 12 deg or 14? Meh?

Overhang is 3 inches or 4 inches? Doesn't matter....

That's the sort of stuff I build anyway. Get in there with some nice Doug Fir or whatever decent softwood you can find and build the thing.
ianab said:

I'd just eye-ometer it. Sketch up some stuff that looks right.

Yep. That's what I did.
Thanks guys
It's being built from red oak. Your dimensions were almost exactly what I came up with in my sketch. Only thing is they want benches on all 4 sides, so I need enough overhang for someone to sit there.
It would be easy enough to move the legs toward the middle a bit more but you don't want to get too far in.

When you make the long benches, put the legs closer to the end. two reasons. First, so the thing doesn't spill the guy sitting on one end when the guy at the other end gets up. But also to keep the bench legs from colliding with the table legs when the benches are pushed in.
msajeep said:

Thanks guys
It's being built from red oak. Your dimensions were almost exactly what I came up with in my sketch. Only thing is they want benches on all 4 sides, so I need enough overhang for someone to sit there.

So they just want an indoor picnic table?