Silly coping saw question
I just got fairly expensive coping saw $20 fro Amazon. The handle is slightly skewed to the left. I think it's bent, but is it possible it's designed that way. I think it would be impossible for a lefty to use.
FWIW, I don't think it should be that way. I would send it back.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I agree
Send it back and get this one. Excellent saw, well made.

TFWW
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
+1 on the Olson coping saw. The only modification, purely optional, that one might make is to install a lock-washer on the handle-end shaft to make sure that skew of the blade stays where you want it.
Thanks guys
Sounds like a dud. A coping saw is such a simple tool, it's hard to imagine why it's so hard for manufacturers to get it right. I suppose it's because it's one of those tools that has a much wider market than your typical woodworking hand tool - they just assume that the average user won't notice how bad it is. In any case, I've learned my lesson on buying hand tools from Amazon. No more
JustinTyson said:

Sounds like a dud. A coping saw is such a simple tool, it's hard to imagine why it's so hard for manufacturers to get it right. I suppose it's because it's one of those tools that has a much wider market than your typical woodworking hand tool - they just assume that the average user won't notice how bad it is. In any case, I've learned my lesson on buying hand tools from Amazon. No more

I agree. I feel someone could make a scaled back Knew Con for half that price. Maybe not though. I have the TFWW as well with the olsen blades.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Got the Olson today looks and works great.
Thanks all
Mark
Have had the Olson and a very old MF (inherited from my dad who passed in 2004). Both are great, with the Olson blade. Because the Olson is so cheap, and I waste material prior to chopping in my dovetails, with the blade canted, a few years back, I ordered a second Olson saw. The MF is always & tensioned for straight cuts. The two Olson's are always set and tensioned to throw off to the right or left.

Real time saver, if you do lots of wasting, and all for way less than a third of the cost of the fancy saw.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com