Yankee problem
My Yankee spiral screwdriver slips quite a bit when I'm trying to drive a screw. I have to rotate it clockwise quite a bit then hope it doesn't slip as I'm pushing. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to just scrap it out? I don't have the model nbr handy but it's fairly large, is a North Bros. brand, and doesn't have that spring mechanism in it that throws the shaft out at you.

Carl
Leave it all the way pushed in, then rotate it.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

EatenByLimestone said:

Leave it all the way pushed in, then rotate it.

Now why didn't I think of that?

I guess I'm going to have to rip this thing apart, find out why it slips so bad, then chunk it in the trash when I realize it can't be repaired or put back together.

Carl
In well used ones, they develop wear in the collet, if that is where the slipping comes from, and if so it is likely toast. When I buy these I try and check for that and 90% of the time I can identify issues and pass. I still get stuck with clunkers from time to time. If the slipping comes from the base by the handle, I've got no clue. The model number might help.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
If I was smart I would probably chunk this one out and cut my losses then pick up another at the flea.

Carl
I've also had the wooden handle slip on the metal housing. FRustrating.