T Bolts for Porter Cable Drill Press 17-925
I cannot seem to find the right square headed bolts for my Porter Cable Drill Press 17-925. The slot is slightly larger than 1" . I think I need a square head bolt that is not massive to fit in the slots. Does anyone have a source for these bolts? Thanks. Henry
Try Graingers, McMaster Carr, or Fastenal. One of them should have what you're looking for.
I couldn't find a square head bolt listed but most parts are listed, some are no longer available. Try this
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-1..._3667.html

If you can find the part number, let us know, then we'll (I'll) see what I can find. Do you know the thread size, bolt length, etc...?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Bumper bolts. Google it.
Don't forget to look into "Enco", they carry a lot of machinist's supplies.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I made threaded inserts for a friends milling machine that would be similar to what you need for your DP.Measure the width and depth of the slot.Buy a short length of the correct width bar steel and cut to length.Probably 1" or so. Drill and tap for a bolt or better yet threaded rod.After the insert is tapped,Peen the bottom threads with a punch to prevent the rod from turning in deeper than the insert.
mike
THanks to all that replied and especially Mike. I am a dummy. Should have thought of this earlier.