Bought some Ebony on line
Bought 3 pieces of Gabon Ebony 1 1/2 square x 18" long from Bell Forest. It's a company in way northern Michigan. It came in today. This is really good stock. Just a little brown along one corner, the rest is all jet black. A couple of other suppliers offer slightly lower prices but this was definitely worth the cost.
Good to hear.

thanks for the info
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
That place comes highly recommended by The Wood Whisperer.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Ive bought from Bell a few times.....good outfit to deal with.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Prices on smalls look pretty good too. Now some of the larger pieces go way up real quick though.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You might want to check the moisture content of your ebony. I bought some 8/4 ebony from Gilmer Wood Products a year or so ago. They represented it as having been air dried for 15 years. I checked it when it arrived and it had 18% MC. Not saying Gilmer misrepresented it, but it was sure wetter than I expected. Glad I checked!

Hank
I am on their news letter which they send out every month or when they get something new. I get it in hopes I can buy some of it some day.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I would love to make the journey up there but the money spent on travel could buy a lot more wood. Thanks for posting their info.
Jim
I used to travel to the SF bay area on business. I would run over to Oakland/Berkely area to the MacBeath store and hand pick what ebony I needed. They always had a good supply from boards to small pieces and you got to pick what you needed. Reasonable (for ebony) prices, too. I think they mail order also, but then you don't get to pick. Ken